• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I'm new at all this and i would like to know a good scuba brand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

newscubakid

Jul 18, 2003
I would like to say that I am seriously thinking about scuba diving...I have never been more interested in anything else in my life...My friend is certified and currently takes me along on a few trips to the lake...I love the feeling of being underwater...Its the best thing in the world...I plan on getting certified in about 2 weeks and have been looking around for some equipment...My dad wants me to research equipment and find out a resinable price for everything...Will you plz tell me about how much it will cost for the whole setup, except the tank...This information will be very helpfull to me before i get certified...It will let me know if i can afford this new hobby...cuz the only other option is to rent if from the only scuba place in our town...and both me and my dad would rather buy our own gear....instead of trusting cheap rental stuff...thnx for your time...and i would just like to say that i only need gear for lake dives no more than 60 ft...about 1 time a week...and I would always be diving with 2 or more ppl...thnx again for reading this...bye

used gear

Hi,
a lot of people are like you. They get hook into diving and want to get their equipement right away. Some of them like me keep diving for long and the price of buying versus rental justify itself. A lot, and i mean a LOT of people out there have buy their equipment after their Open Water certifiction but finally never had time to dive anymore. At one point, they will sell those dive kit. It's the best deal out there. A good advice is to rent and try different piece of equipment before buying anything. For a good equipment review, go to http://scubadiving.com/gear/ .

P.s. you forgot to put your location

sorry about forgetting my location...i live in a small town in arizona...that currently only has one place to rent gear...and it is expensive...i plan on taking a trip with my family to catalina...which im sure will have many places to rent gear...i can get my hands on some gear...from friends...but i would need to rent or purchase some things for a full set...thnx for replying...have fun diving...cya

I have used a variety of equipment over the past ten years, and have only seen a few that I would consider unsafe (bought over the internet or used in each case). I would encourage you to develop a relationship with the shop in your area if you can. Having someone you can trust to service your equipment, provide guidance on new gear, and provide training on proper usage is very important to me. Much of this stuff is life support equipment, so I tend to be very careful who I buy it from and how I take care of it. In many cases, a quality balanced regulator from any reputable manufacturer, will serve you well if it is maintained properly.

Also, you don't need to buy everything at once but can add on pieces as you get the money for it. There is even a General Scuba Forum thread about what folks suggest buying first for insight. Also, I would suggest you buy the best you can afford. Don't overspend yourself for extreme technical diving gear just because someone else insists it is the "Gold Standard" of gear. Buy gear suited for the type of diving you are going to do.

Good luck, and be safe.

I personally use and endorse scuba pro, it has the best warranty in the world and if you are out of the loop for awhile like going to college or getting married or whatever you can renew your warranty for $50.00. it sure is nice to take your equipment in for yearly service and pay $00.00 nothing.

it is the choice of the u.s.navy and for good reason.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT