• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Image from latest video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
Here is an image of my latest video.

I am whacking a sargo with my 115 mamba. Preceeding this moment there is a long ambush close to the bottom.

Attachments

• sargoshot.JPG
    sargoshot.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 293
I think the sargo is on the dynema Shane,well done bro.. :)
Aydın

Fantastic Shaneshac. Strange how the Sargo with the pointed nose are more curious in aspetto than the normal Sargo's. About your Sony T1 what is the max duration of a video clip you can film at one time? For this fish did you pull the trigger and take a snapshot at the same instant?

i just discovered that trigger fish also respond to the aspetto. What a powerfull tool for underwater hunting..

kind of music. if you sing the right song, fish will join you :)

Ntrik,

The video will record as long as there is memory on the chip. I have a 512MB chip and can record 22min at 640x480. As a lot of the dives you dont see anything worth keeping, i erase it. Usually the battery dies before you fill up the memory.

What i do is pause the movie and get a screenshot for these pics. At the moment i cannot get the "Print Screen" button to keep the MEdia Player image so i take a pic of the screen with the camera ;)

ohh really....
I usually sing hiphop and the groupers are getting closer,
do you have something for sargos?

now seriously what is aspetto?

Ben,

Aspetto means "Wait" in Italian.

IT is the technique where you drop down to the bottom and wait for a fish to arrive. Different techniques for calling fish are used whilst doing ASpetto.

Sargo will come in whether you make a noise or not. Just make sure that you keep still as Sargo are quite nervous fish. Other fish like bass and AJ you can move and they will still keep coming towards you

Here are a couple of screenshots from the videos i filmed this afternoon.

3 sea bass shot and killed ;)

Attachments

• robaloshot1.JPG
    robaloshot1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 170
  • robaloshot2.JPG
    robaloshot2.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 187
did you upload it to pescasub.com or not yet? joder tio no hagas esperar :p

Mishu,

There have been 3 more new vids uploaded to Pescasub today

Hope you enjoy

Shane

Here is my latest video. A bonito i shot, hit and lost after a struggle.

Gun used was my Pelagos.

The images speak for themselves

Attachments

• bonito1.JPG
    bonito1.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Bonito2.JPG
    Bonito2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Bonito 3.JPG
    Bonito 3.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Bonito 4.JPG
    Bonito 4.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Bonito 5.JPG
    Bonito 5.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 155
There is not shame in losing a fish that will make puree out of your shaft. keep up the good work Shane ;)

I noticed from the Totem / Bonito shot that you have a rubber o-ring on the spear tip ?

Is that normal ?

I think I removed mine when the Pelagos came and used it for the summer without - is it more accurate with a ring to hold the barb down ?

If it is then I have learnt something new again !
Cheers

Ed,

I always have the o-ring on my totem and airgun shafts. In fact i use them on normal spears too. I think it keeps everything more silent and avoids the flopper catching on rocks and corals when swimming close to bottom.

As soon as the shot is place the oring slides onto the shooting line and plays no roll in accuracy.

Make sure that the oring is not too tight as if it stays at tip when shot, it will affect shaft speed.

Shane

that sure is a nice camera shot!!! I recon that there should be a video recorded that fits on your head and films what your looking at - how many times have I missed a great shot on camera due to not being ready or deciding whether to shoot with gun or camera?

As far as singing to fish - haha - jokes aside - grunting can bring in some fish! also flicking sand like a turtle might, handy tricks to bring out an elusive little critter!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT