• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Imersion Concept Pro speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i've made several court appearances, already :naughty for borderline stuff (just ask aquiles). most authorities hate spearfishing to begin w/ so you're up against a world of hurt if you're doing something that's unlawful. :friday

knowledge is key, dude.... seriously.

if you don't care and think you can get away w/ it, just make sure you know how to pick up the soap with your feet. rofl

take it easy,
anderson

Well Don't worry I don't plan on doing untill I make sure it's written in stone before trying anything. I just didn't think you were serious about doing some spearoing in the deep south that's all.

I'm about to finish my Criminal Justice Degree so I'm very familiar with the whole process.

and for Daisy Duke shorts thing, they don't come out of the woods to much anymore.
You do have to be careful where you go or flashes of "Deliverance" seems to come to mind. :confused:

U.S. Army Rangers Lead The Way!

Blade Out

That's what I figured you meant BR, the heading over to the Left Coast for fun and shafting. Anderson is just doing his "follow the rules" routine as outlined by his P.O., thus his knowlege of the dropping of the soap...:t

Well guys I checked on the Striper business. Well they're off limits and basicaly anything that would swim in front my spear gun would put me Jail so I'm screwed in trying to get into spearfishing. I could go down to the coast of Georgia but the only place that's worth freediving and spearfishing is 20 miles out and 150 bucks a trip.

Well I don't know what do, I will probly have to wait untill I move to Washington to get into spearfishing but really don't want to wait that long.

"Rangers Lead The Way"

BladeRunner

Last edited:
Blade,

If u have access to a clean swimming pool , get a speargun and do practice shots till you shoot well and knows ur guns dynamics. If any trip going to cost you US$50 or above, this is the amount of money you will be throwing down the drain everyime you go on a trip.

If you know enough of fire arm or precision air rifle you will find that every great hunters spend at least a few hundred bullets/pellets a week before a hunt which might only need 1 bullet.

Shooting fishes might sound easy because the range is close but in order to place a vital shot , it takes practice. If the fish is slim you need the accuracy. Goods shots are not created by dreaming about it, practice is what created it. This practice will allow you to know your gun dynamics more, its trajectory is important. How do you know how to aim if you do not use a practice board ?

Have fun,
IYA

Talk to the guy, Fred...

Or better yet, actually get in the water and knock off a few of the trash fish; carp, suckers and the like... You get good at hitting these guys, you're fat city when you actually get to Mother Ocean. fJohnson, or fred as we like to call him behind his back, is doing that right now.

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT