• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In baja looking for bands for Riffe 75T? Difference with JBL?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

noworries

May 3, 2016
I've got a Riffe 75T that I just bought before heading south to cruise the Mexico on our sailboat.

Evidently the gun's stock bands must have rotted from being on the shelf, because they started cracking and lost power after only a few dives.

We are currently in La Paz, heading north into the sea of cortez for the summer. I looked it up on Riffe's website, and sent the serial # to Riffe, and they say it takes 5/8" 18" bands. The only bands I can find are JBL 5/8" in 18" or 24" lengths. So I bought 2 of the 18" bands but now I'm unable to cock the gun.

Does anybody have any experience using JBL bands on a Riffe? Do I need to workout more or should I try the 24" bands? The guy at Riffe thought the 24" bands wouldn't be strong enough.

If I fold the new bands in half, they measure 9", which makes them 18", but if I fold the old bands in half, they measure 11", which would be 22"

Any tips from a more experienced hunter to help a guy in Mexico? I can't get anything from the states until I go visit in a few months, but want to be able to put fish on the table in the meantime.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT