• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In need of more information about Monofin brands and models

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DragonflyFeri

Dec 28, 2020
I do apologize if these questions have been asked before and that this post may be longer than originally anticipated, but I have been researching for a while and unfortunately I feel no more secure in deciding which monofin to buy than before.

I'm a monofin snorkeller who would like to expand into freediving, not to compete in depth aspect but to be able to stay under longer. I've been using the Finis Rapid/Wave fin for more than three years and I feel like I've outgrown the fin. For those who don't know it's completely made of plastic and really just designed to help teach and perfect the dolphin kick for the butterfly stroke. In general I'd like to upgrade.

More about me:
Female
5'3"
120lbs/55kgs
I swim (or I did precovid) at least three times a week
Yes I realize I should be using a soft blade
I have a starting budget of about 200USD but I am flexible about it and am considering increasing it for a fin that will last me a while.

Originally I intended to purchase the monofins from leaderfins but after reading the terrible reviews on how they crack and split after a few uses along with their terrible customer service I'm very off put to get anything from them, except maybe the bifins. I have a hard time resisting their designs. That being said I did ask one person I do know in the industry who said that WaterWay fins were the way to go. I'd like to know about a few more brands and models and why you do or don't like them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT