• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In the News...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The question is, how did the guy (fisherman) find the phone number of the cell phone owner if the owner said he dried it off after reciving it to be able to use it?

The throat of the Cod is deep, and there are many mysteries to solve before I sleep....

Am I going to have to be the one that says this story is a little fishy?............ sorry

I'd love to believe it but I suspect somebody found the phone on the beach & just stuck it inside a dead fish. It's not exactly a quiet news week either. Watched RG at the weekend, even worse than I remembered.

Last edited:
Yes member of LIC - haven't seen him post on DB before - but well known to many of the guys who do...

Re: Jack Hargeaves - Out of Town / How! - Southern Television

Time-warp. Jack Hargreaves was my brother's favourite presenter and Out of Town his favourite program. It brings back happy memories for me too (excuse the theme "Holding Jacks Rod"):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8RtYeJ4P30&feature=related]YouTube - Out of Town 2 - Jack Hargreaves Rod (Promo)[/ame]
(I preferred the original theme tune).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kl-Tw5DNvA&feature=related"]YouTube - Out Of Town E.6 Pt.2[/ame]

Last edited:
Not exactly news but 137mph on a mountain bike should be news worthy:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLRDRzMWIsg&feature=dir]YouTube - Mountain Bike High Speed Record Accident[/ame]

Sea Shepard in the Sunday Telegraph today

I know several forum members currently or previously supported the eco-group Sea Shepherd - a spin off and rival of Greenpeace. Coincidently(?) the Sunday Telegraph published an interesting article on them today:

Paul Watson: Sea Shepherd eco-warrior fighting to stop whaling and seal hunts - Telegraph

Last edited:
Re: Sea Shepard in the Sunday Telegraph today

Brilliant article -really enjoyed it!

I'm all for sticking limpet mines on whalers... come to think of it, I'll extend that to trawlers too:martial

Brilliant article -really enjoyed it!

I'm all for sticking limpet mines on whalers... come to think of it, I'll extend that to trawlers too:martial
Now there's a thought.

As well as the start of the spearing season, it is also one again, sadly, the start of the "tombstoning" accident & fatality stories :
Tombstoning: Jamie Sutton Dies After Jumping Into Sea Near Souter Point, Whitburn, South Tyneside | UK News | Sky News

Last edited:

That seriously sucks. I used to go jumping off cliffs when I was younger, although we always used to go and check the depth and conditions first.

It's a fact of life that people like doing dangerous things... someone's always going to end up hurt, or worse...

Tombstoning now Coasterring...

And so it continues:
Cliff Jump Tragedy In West Wales: Coastguards Warn Of Dangers Of Coasteering | UK News | Sky News

More surprised by this one, Coasteering was I thought little more than the natural progression of unroped low-level sea traverses, pioneered by Pat Littlejohn in South West Britain (Cornwall, Wales but esp. Devon). He used a shortie wetsuit & EBs to traverse long stretches of cliffs, diving in and swimming across gaps/bays which could not be climbed.

Last edited:
World Record holder Sara Campbell sets sights on greater depths...

Sara Campbell: working under pressure - Telegraph

Chocks away Biggles!

She'd be a handy addition to the British spearfishing team. (Hey, not all yoga teachers are vegetarian/vegan, and not all vegetarians/vegans are against hunting! It could happen)

Spearo Dave in the national press (again) - the Sunday Times

Local knowledge: England's best bits | England - Times Online

Also, 12 foot thresher shark washed up in Cornwall: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...overed_By_Surfers_On_Beach_In_Hayle,_Cornwall

Last edited:
And me on SOURCE FM 96.1 (Falmouth and Penryn) talking live on air to John the fisherman and his mates about spearfishing last friday!

Reactions: Mr. X
Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…