• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Infinitengines "Dreamair" pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I could not remember the patent name, but fortunately I had kept an image with the patent number on the top of the page, so I have found it again. The inventor has other Mares patents to his name, plus note the filing date.
cable pneumatic patent.jpg

The weak point is circled in red below, the conventional muzzle shown on the right is a sort of fall back option if the cable breaks which then lets the gun operate as a standard pneumatic. However if that was the case then the gun would pump water in the barrel when it was working as a cable gun! A number of alternatives are described for the layout which shows the design has not really been finalized or its problems solved.
cable pneumaticcompjpg.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "popgun pete, post: 990827, member: 18674"]
так что этот патент о кабельной пушке, вероятно, больше связан с разработкой идеи и отказом от ее использования кому-либо еще на тот случай, если они найдут способ сделать это. Прочный моноволоконный кабель может сработать, но ухудшение качества поверхности вскоре выведет пистолет из строя,
[/ QUOTE]
Эта версия очень реальна! Мне известны интересные случаи, когда Зингер сформулировал патент таким образом: машина для механического шитья с ушком для нити, расположенная рядом с кончиком иглы. И никто не мог обойти это! Есть и другие примеры. Но идея Cordgan, Shaft, бросает трос привода (тетива). Но лук стрела также бросает трос привода (тетива). Можно ли запатентовать лук ???

In the drawings, I do not see the trigger that will hold the Piston spine. How can he then work as a Pneumatic gan ???
Is this a crude idea that a patent was made to get ahead of Andre ???

But probably I'm wrong this Pneumatic gan will be able to shoot if it makes a plug in the ass and puts in Nose cone my free friction trigger.
But they don’t know anything about him

Attachments

• IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1222.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:
This gun has no trigger to operate as a conventional pneumatic, to suggest that it can is just the inventor trying to find some positives for the design as there are three embodiments of the muzzle and none of them are very convincing. You mention a bow and can it be patented, well there are certainly compound bow patents as I have read them, but if something falls into "prior art" as a conventional bow certainly is then you cannot obtain a patent on it

The cable is described as a polyamide type or a nylon, about 2 mm diameter, but nothing more specific, and the bifurcated section to enable a long loop to form a wishbone cable is said to be of a different type without any real details.

Were there publications other than a patent?
I have seen nothing else about it. I only found it when I searched to see if there were any others like the "Dreamair" patent. Many patents don't necessarily work, granting of a patent is not a tick of approval and it just registers someone's priority on a novel idea which expires after a certain period.

This is the Salvimar power regulator block which combines the regulator plug and non-return valve in the one item.
11077-power-regulator-jpg

Is it an idea to use on "Dreamair"?
Power regulator block always makes the design complex and expensive.
You need to have reason to use it in the design.
Who saw statistics who needs a power regulator block?

Is it an idea to use on "Dreamair"?
Power regulator block always makes the design complex and expensive.
You need to have reason to use it in the design.
Who saw statistics who needs a power regulator block?
For the easier loading, "easier" being a relative term, if you use a lot of pressure in any pneumatic gun. The loading then resembles the type of loading obtained with releasing valve guns.

Not a bad idea at all. But I guess for some reduction in power, though probably not as much, you can always just load to the rest tab on the shaft. Though of course that’s not as readily changeable as a power regulator. And if you loaded to the most rear tab using the pulley loader then of course you can’t just move the wishbone forward “by hand”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like around the rocks they did just that, put the drive cable on the rest tab in the early sections of this later video.

Closest that I can get to freezing the moment of the shot on the last fish at about 2.27 seconds into the video. Note the cavitation bubbles in the shaft’s wake along the top deck.
moment of shot 2.jpg

PETE Saide: Note the cavitation bubbles in the shaft’s wake along the top deck.
Wikipedia
Cavitation is:
- unnecessary noise during the shot
- premature wear of parts due to erosion
- cavitation bubbles form waves in a wide range
Recommendations: if possible, cavitation should be avoided initially!

1. Кабель привода проходит под углом.

2. Когда он двигается, он раздавит воду.

3. Я думаю, что это должно идти так:

Attachments

• Как идет кабель.jpg
    Как идет кабель.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Кабель режет воду.jpg
    Кабель режет воду.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 272
  • Проход кабеля должен быть вверху.jpg
    Проход кабеля должен быть вверху.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
PETE Saide: Note the cavitation bubbles in the shaft’s wake along the top deck.
Wikipedia
Cavitation is:
- unnecessary noise during the shot
- premature wear of parts due to erosion
- cavitation bubbles form waves in a wide range
Recommendations: if possible, cavitation should be avoided initially!
Unavoidable with shooting spears underwater. Cavitation can damage high speed boat propellers by eroding the blades where cavitation occurs, but that is not a problem with spears.

Last edited:
I know only two examples when cavitation is used to good
But I can give many examples when they do not remember cavitation.
Cavitation will occur in the zones

These decisions will steal the power of the shot.

Attachments

• Флажок от OMER зона.jpg
    Флажок от OMER зона.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Slader  Airbalete O.ME.R. зона.jpg
    Slader Airbalete O.ME.R. зона.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: tromic
Like Pete said, if you shoot fast enough - which all my airguns definitely do, you’ll see cavitation. I don’t believe the kind of cavitation we see is powerful or prolonged enough to cause much, if any, damage. A boat propeller is "on" often for hours at a time. Our shafts experience cavitation for roughly speaking a quarter of a second, perhaps five-ten times on a hunting day. Even if you were out spearing twice each weekend that would only be 20 secs total over the cause of a month - not the hours of abuse a propeller sees. And very few spearos spend that much time in the water or shoot that much.
The real question is whether we, with more research or trial and error can make good use of cavitation. The zones affected by cavitation tend to have much less drag hence why some underwater ammunition has features to induce and control cavitation early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Iron logic! :)
Cavitation will not produce destruction.
But let's look with a different eye. OMER makes a recommendation on the Airbalete = 30bar and on Spear wears a parachute.
If you press the gas with one foot in your car, and apply the brake with the other. What will happen to the car?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT