• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Instructor job wanted

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Johann

Dec 15, 2006
Hi, i am an open water instructor looking for work in madrid. Any help would realy be great. U can pm me or e-mail me at johannesterhuizen@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Madrid? Hmm, that's about 500 km to the sea. That may be pretty tought finding a job as diving instructor there. Or are you looking for a job anywhere else in Spain too?

Well, id prefer it as close to madrid as i could. 500 km hey, wow, quite a comute haha. But wher would be the closest place, and how do i get into contact with them ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, there may be perhaps some jobs at some training facilities, at diving shops, etc., but am not sure if you have a chance to get the job there as a foreigner. The best may be looking at Yellow Pages for any diving related businesses, and calling them. The closest shore is at Valencia - around 450 km east. You can also find a job as a diver in aquariums and zoo's, so you can give it a try too - there are some in Spain.

Yellow pages ? kewl, any dive work hey, not realy picky, just wana get over ther. I dont wana work in the food an bev. industry if i dont have to. Instructors corse wanst cheap so why waste it. How would i find out about aqauriums ? search the net - google it ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dive shops, clubs, training facilities, aquariums - all that is in Yellow Pages too. That's what I meant. There is certainly an online version there too, so you can start calling them now. Or use Google to find the diving businesses. Of course, you'll need speaking some Spanish - Spanish people often speak no English at all.

But if you want to dive in the sea, you have to move out of Madrid - you can choose any direction you want - Madrid is pretty central, but Spain is surrounded by seas, so there is a lot of places you can go.

Last edited:
Yellow pages ? im guesing you dont mean the yellow pages the post office drops off at my house every month do you ?
Posted via Mobile Device

I do not know what the postman drops at your house every month, but the term "yellow pages" refers to a telephone directory that lists all commercial organizations in given city.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…