• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Introduction and thanks...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gwpcasey

Jan 20, 2005
I've been lurking for a few days now and just wanted to say hello and thanks to all of you for the fantastic, thoughtful and helpful posts on the forum.

Can't wait to hit my local surf spot (which isn't very good for surfing in any event) this weekend to try out the underwater bodysurfing that I read about in one of the threads.

Apart from the "Manual of Freediving" is there anything out there more readily available (i.e. downloadable) with more basic information. Like most people, I suspect, I've been "skin diving" my whole life but would now like to develop my ability somewhat and ended up here. While I'm highly impressed by your dedication (your training schedules are, well, impressive), for the moment I'm just looking to increase my time at the bottom a little bit. I took some measurements in the past few days and it turns out that I can swim about 50m (no fins or anything) and I can hold my breath for about 2 minutes. I guess the deepest down I've ever been is probably about 15 or 20 metres. It's hard to tell because I just go down to snorkel and I'm just guessing based on what it looked like when I looked up. I have a suspicion, however, that a couple of basic, basic tips from one of you could dramatically improve my performance.

Anyway, that's all for now. If any of you are ever in Curacao (it's the island between Aruba and Bonaire), please let me know and I'd love to meet up for a dive or two (and to milk you for as much information and tips as possible). I hope you all manage to survive the winter!

Gordon.

Gordon,

Welcome to DB! I suspect you'll find most of the crew here a friendly bunch and everyone is pretty approachable.

I'm sure others will point you in other directions but I'll do my DB plug. Head over to the main site into the FreeDiving > Education and Training section (http://www.deeperblue.net/subcat.php/17) for loads of articles on training.

Hi Gordon, welcome to DB.

Sounds like you have the makings of a good diver. Suggestion: There is a ton of info in all the various forum threads. They go back quite a few years. Learn how to access them and spend a few evenings reading. Save the ones that are useful to a folder. It will be a little confusing at first, but most of what you would like to know (and a whole lot more) is in the threads. Feel free to ask questions after you have done a little research.

Have fun.

Connor

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT