• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland 2016

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Cool sounds like a plan, moving to Middleton(Castleredmond) shortly so just down the road.

Have been out a couple of times but did not take anything, might get out Monday for a few Mackeral as they should be around now

Work commitments meant I only got out yesterday for the first time this year....vis was muck but 23c in the shallows, felt like a hot tub:p

Wow that's crazy temp, was out myself over the weekend but only short dives.

Quite a few Bass around and Pollack on my second dive out on the Old head, even tried abit of Mackeral fishing but not a sniff so far this year, buddy caught aload but was out 1km.

The black rocks that are exposed to the sun all day help to warm the water up so high but the temps have dropped back this week. Hope to get out for a dip over the next few days :)

It makes me sad to think that we are almost finished Sept and there is not a single report from Ireland :(
Things are so different here than when I joined 6 years ago... we had such a great community :(
Anyway, I shot my first hamour (grouper) yesterday so will post the first fish here.
Almost time for scallops + flatfish I suppose.
How has everyones seasons been?

Attachments

• 14358861_10209979955352800_398602557142364594_n.jpg
    14358861_10209979955352800_398602557142364594_n.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: Derekn and foxfish
It makes me sad to think that we are almost finished Sept and there is not a single report from Ireland :(
Things are so different here than when I joined 6 years ago... we had such a great community :(
Anyway, I shot my first hamour (grouper) yesterday so will post the first fish here.
Almost time for scallops + flatfish I suppose.
How has everyones seasons been?

My season has been the worst since I took up spearfishing, on the few days that I had off work the weather and viz was terrible. I had even hoped to get in touch with some of the lads and get a few days in Cork but work put a stop to that. It's the only bit of regular work I've had for some time so I can't really pass it up. Hopefully next year things will start getting back to normal and I can start working from home again and setting my own hours. :(

Reactions: bobdonny
Had a few sessions but gave the Bass abit of a break this year, plus viz has been awful.

Have been out kayak fishing quite a few times and out on a boat the other week, weather has settled abit now so might give one last try
in East Cork at the weekend

Reactions: bobdonny
In contrast. It was my best season, but wasn't challenging as I started 3y ago...
Lots of good size bass and pollocks, and seen few gilthead, but missed... Weather wasn't bad, but I could go for spearfishing every day (finish work at noon) and did it up to four times a week when was visibility..:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if we are now looking at a complete ban on Bass in 2017? looks like we may be

Anyone been out lately around the Cork area, plenty Pollack around in Kerry at the weekend

Good vis and plenty of good size mullets and still basses around Clonakilty area...

Good vis and plenty of good size mullets and still basses around Clonakilty area...

Not sure Rob, just something I read online that it may be coming.

Hows the diving going in sunny Dubai?

I haven't heard anything about a complete ban, not even sure if the one fish per 24hr came in....all the signage at the beach was still 2 bass in a 24hr period etc.
Watched a really good documentary called 'Atlantic' the other night, have a look at it here;

sickening what's really going on and as for Brussels, what a farce. They better hope there is no Brexit equivalent here because a lot of people from many quarters are wanting change that seems as far away from the bureaucrats as you can get. The accents that the Newfoundland people had were a mashup of lots of Irish counties.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT