• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Is a 3mm full body wetsuit good enough for early spring in Saskatchewan?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BoobyHill

Mar 30, 2021
Hey guys im new to this forum and to the sport. I have purchased all my stuff online and am excited to start spear fishing this spring. I couldn't afford a wetsuit thicker than 3mm and was wondering if it would be enough for the weather I bought a 5mm hood and a pair of diving gloves along with some booties the ice should be gone by may 5th which is when I will be going out and I'm unsure of the water temp that time of year.

That might get you an hour in the water above 55 Deg F before becoming uncomfortably cold. It is largely going to be a factor of how well your equipment reduces water flushing. Shallow lakes might be getting above that temp later in May.

Reactions: BoobyHill
I am also in SK - what lake are you headed to? Temps in May should be 4/5C. But clear water (no algae until early July).

Our expert wetsuit thickness guide and temperature chart answers common full process, so you can feel confident that you're getting the very best wetsuit for you. If the temperatures are cold enough to make your extremities go numb, think first number) is used for your torso in order to maintain your core body heat.
TargetPayandBenefits

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT