• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is chronic ear infection or ear tubes contraindicated for diving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nomadelmundo

Oct 14, 2004
my girl friend's had lot of ear infection when little, and had ear tubes too, she's afraid she can't scuba dive, is that true?
thanks
will

I would recomend that you take that up with DAN, or with a diving physician.

The question your asking can't really be answered by anyone not medically qualified to do so.

I totally agree that you need to see a diving doctor, but you could also have a look at the PADI medical statement here . That should give you an idea of what people can and can't dive with. Although these are just guidelines and the physician will have a certain amount of leeway in what he considers 'fitness to dive'.

Have to agree Sean, review the medical questionaire.

However, if your girlfriend is concerned with the effects of diving on ears, you should definately seek the advice of a diving physician. Either your local dive store or DAN should be able to put you in contact with one in your local area.

Well,
she was going to see an ENT doc, but our travel plans have changed, probably won't have time to dive in Goa, India. Has anyone out there dove in there?
Will

No I was supposed to go but my wife had problems of her woen that meant we couldn't go....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT