• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is it big enough?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Spearben

Mar 12, 2017
Hello all
Sorry about another fins thread I just can't find much info on it.

I have been a looking at some new fins recently (carbon) and came across the alchemy v3 and v3 30. I prefer the footpocket of the v3 but the blade only comes in 75cm. The v3 30 however has 80cm blade but I've heard bad stuff about the footpocket. I would prefer to go for the v3 but I am not sure whether the 75cm blade will be long enough to be efficient or powerful.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this short length of blade or any other suggestion for other carbon blades (preferably not c4).

Thanks for reading

Btw I did try the search functions multiple times out of frustration of the lack of information. Haha

My guess is that I could not tell the difference if I cut 5 cm from my blade (bad technique). It depends on the stiffness as well. Foot pocket comfort is a big deal, so take the one that fits. Even better if they take new blades later, then you know which way to go.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT