• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is it possible that storm can actually make better fishing ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi

Erik when you spear your first Pelagic you will be hooked, hopefully Iya will take you where he spears his mackeral.

cheers

I hope so ivan!
Willer, I'll take you up on that someday....not too sure when I'll return to Canada, but when I do, it'll be on the West Coast. It's still my favourite place to dive so far.
And FD48 was freediving lots of halibut in the winter there. They grow them big!!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Erik,

Talking of seeing stars on our heads, this is how I am feeling today. 1.5 bottles of Chivas between 3 guys last night.......:head

Ivan,

I will need to get Erik a fish book first, he doesn't know much about pelagics, all he knows is tuna....:D :D. I think he will mistaken a barracuda for a Narrow Barred Mackerel ( I just checked and my that is the real name of what I been calling Spanish Mackerel all this while ).... ha ha ha ha.
I will let him use my baby Metal Tech, so that he won't outshoot me....wha ha ha ha. Will probably go with him early March. I am going tonight to be ready to hunt tomorrow. The captain said the Yellow Fin tuna is biting again....so they said.. :head

Rig,
Is there much case where that aluminum outrigger get strike by lightning ?? I sometime fear that in a thunderstorm.

BTW, you might want to read this :
I had done some custom engine alarm job on a yacht. There is a module by Gaffrig that allows extra engine alarm to be installed without additional senders, just tag it on the gauges. It can be set to any pressure or temp reading for alarm trigger...cool yeah !!! I had it run for the past two years and it is great, saved me a lot of trouble. You been in a boat long enough to realize that all basic engine senders are not that reliable cause unless you test it regularly, only low engine oil senders get to be checked everytime u start and engine, the overheat alarm you can't tell. It will be good for charter boats that operates often. In fact I was able to source a RPM based relay/switch that allows this custom alarm to be activated only at minimal cruising speed or above 1,400 RPM. Now this client's boat get alarm protection in a very safe operating parameter. I set the engine low oil pressure alarm to trigger at 40 psi, the original sender operates at 10-15 psi, which is useless if u are cruising at 1,800 RPM. I set all overheat alarms to trigger 5* deg celcius earlier than original engine alarms. I even set gearbox low oil pressure at 200 psi, with the help of a special extra switch at the shift lever.

If you have a MAN engine, I can send you a simple sketch on how to install an alarm that can ID heat exchanger tube leak or engine oil cooler leak. Even MAN do not have this alarm, except low coolant level. Thought this info might come handy for you. ;)

hi

Iya spanish sounds better but eh :D . You better watch Erik with that metal tech that guy will stay down longer on a single breath than you with a full tank :D

Barracuda are a mongrel fish I guess they kinda do look like a Mack just thinner and way bigger teeth :naughty

One guy caught one here at 94lbs and it had teeth big enough to eat a tiger shark a very bad fish indeed :naughty

cheers

Originally posted by Iyadiver
I will need to get Erik a fish book first, he doesn't know much about pelagics, all he knows is tuna....:D :D. ]

Kamu kotor sekali teman!!
Iyadiver has a fondness for tuna himself....he usually takes two ;)
Erik Y

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT