• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is Papa Smurf a freediver?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
Stephan,

You are always quick to pop in on forum issues, but I never see you posting on other threads (unless someone is being naughty ;)). Just curious, do you freedive? spearfish? swim? float? own a water bed?

Please know, I'm not flaming an inquisition here ;). Just wondering if you ever get a chance to plop in the water.

Ted :wave

omnipresent?!?

Probably busy being everywhere and doing everything at the same time?? :D

Yeti,

I think you are right on. My theory is that the guy is really an advanced AI.

Keeping all this together and also having time to help individuals with questions and such... well, it doesn't exactly sound human does it. Whenever I write emails to big sites I usally never recive a reply, or I recive an automated reply about reading their FAQ. When I wrote to Stephan a while back, about the chat not working, I got a polite and very helpfull personal response. As you can understand it made me freak out.

I think the only the way to find out about Stephan, is to start a poll. That way we can use the statistics to determine what he probably is and also what he is likely to be up to (world domination).

:cool:

Reactions: flyboy748
Hahahaha :D

Unfortunately i'm not an advanced AI. Sometimes I wish I was - then I actually get more stuff done...

To answer the original question - I have done a little freediving ("properly" at HMS Dolphin, the Submarine Escape Tank in the UK) but am mainly a Scuba Diver. I've been diving since I was 12 so have clocked up a good 4 digit number of dives in Scuba and spent most of my freetime outside that swimming or snorkelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: icarus pacific
Originally posted by Stephan Whelan
I take my holiday to run off and cover events like Cyprus, Vancouver or DEMA and hence have no free time to actually GO diving (my first proper dive in 3 years is next month!)!

Well fercripesake, enjoy the water, Stephan!!! A man as young as you shouldn't have moved so quickly from field-ops to a bureaurocratic position. You're either really smart....or really dumb :D. Enjoy your dive. And thanks for all the 'holiday' effort!

Ted

Last edited:
Originally posted by unirdna
Well fercripesake, enjoy the water, Stephan!!!
Water? I heard of that substance...some dim memories of it :D

I was having dinner with an old student of mine the other night and she was complaining of not gone in the water since she got back from travelling around most of the world...needless to say we are going to be putting right that fact within the next few weeks.

I have just gotten confirmation that i'm going to Turkey in a month or so to cover an event so should be able to do some diving out there!

Stephan,

bring your wetsuit to the NDC competition w/e on May 21-23... we're going freediving! :) if you don't then you still have to dive... in your pants... no excuses :D

LOL - ok.

Bear in mind i've got a reputation as the booziest publisher to keep up with whilst there as well :D

I'll second that!

and if ya don't want to get ya Y-fronts wet, I'm affraid its the birthday suit for you my dear fella :D

Fingers crossed for a warm weekend!!

Come to Van for the worlds and I'm sure we can get you out freediving. I'll leave all the guns at home - don;t you worry ;)

Got Krack?

Well - don't worry guys - i'll be at NDC for the UK Nationals and Vancouver for the Worlds...i'll see if I can fit in a dive or two between reporting and boozing!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT