• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is spearfishing allowed in Cuba?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

takeshi

Oct 6, 2004
Hi,
I have been trying to find out if spearfishing is allowed in cuba. Does anyone know? I'm going in january, from pictures I've seen it looks wonderful, great visibility etc. If I could do some spearfishing it would be the best. Any info/experience on sperfishing in cuba would be greatly appreciated, like (if it is allowed) can you buy/rent guns, what species should one go for in january etc. Thanks beforehand

its Cuba, and (no offense to any Cubans out there-im part latino too) like any south american/latin country, a few dollar bill will make anything allowed.

Cuba is the carribbean country with the more advance nature protection program, and have a lot marine national park where spearfishing is not allowed, but know of locals that spearfish for living).
A friend of mine went to Cuba, he's a marine photographer, and some locals took him to a remote area, spearfished some snappers to atrack "bullsharks" and take some pictures:duh
Be prepare to land some Groupers, Snapper and Hugfish.

hi

Hi

can you buy/rent guns, what species should one go for in january etc. Thanks beforehand

Go to matanzas - the versalles barrio and ask for el Gallego house -I do not know if he still alive but he make a good spearfishing gun--

hey I woul like you to take picture of matanzas bay- the beach of varadero ect--- and post it here

I

hola

I whis you can meet some spearfishing there -well the best play for you to meet them is matanzas where pipin use to spear-

but I like to see picture Ok

there is a place call Playa Larga is in matanzas - there is a 50 percent of visibiliy--

The el Gallego house sounds like good advice, as does matanzas. I'll make sure to go there and take some pictures. On my ever increasing list of stuff I would like to buy is a digital camera, so hopefully some nice pics of matanzas bay, groupers and snappers

hola

Hola takeshi if you go to matanzas are you planing to go to the hotel or would you rent a house?

I email my friend el gago- he rent a house bay of matanzas for a good price - the sea is behind his house- - from over there past the road that lead to varadero beach 30 miles and to havana 90 miles -or to the Bay of Pig- all this belong to matanzas - Im still waiting for my friend replay to see what he says - do you know pipin ? well the next house was where pipin used to lived--

maybe you can contact some spearo there

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT