• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is this the best freediving watch in the world?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Abe

Oct 16, 2017
So I've come across the
Ratio iDive Free Avantgarde and can't help but feel there must be something flawed with it...surely?!
Aside from a suite of freediving norms, it tells you the weather, altitude, reminds you to drink water and is all but bulletproof.

Does anyone have experience with this watch or another model from the same manufacturer? Thoughts/feelings? The good and the bad before I fork out $750 for one.

Thanks in advance :)

Weather altitude and compass? Completely useless features.
Where are the training programs to enhance performance?
It does seem really well made though, everyone loves shiny metal.
I considered it too at some point but it seems way too expensive for what it is.

Sent from the abyss

Weather altitude and compass? Completely useless features.
Where are the training programs to enhance performance?
It does seem really well made though, everyone loves shiny metal.
I considered it too at some point but it seems way too expensive for what it is.

Sent from the abyss

Fair insight.

I guess the other features would make it a versatile watch for everyday use.

Would you dismiss it as a freediving watch altogether? What would you suggest is the best freediving watch on the market?

I would not dismiss it at all I am sure it is a great watch and it is very well made with solid features otherwise. It's just really expensive and if you are looking for quality performance in a nice package with tons of features I don't think you can beat the Cressi Drake considering the price.

Sent from the abyss

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT