• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Island_Sands newfound career recipes

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
I have been housewife for three weeks now and would like to share some of my kitchen escapades with you ;)

Seafood Bake ( my own recipe)

(this recipe should be prepared wearing the correct dress, i.e. a silk teddy or just an apron)
Serves 2

2 large tiger prawns or similar
2 fillets of sole
2 handfuls of live clams
2 fresh squid
1/2 cup grated coconut
garlic, red onion
some Thai red curry paste
bit of cumin, crushed coriander
salt/fresh ground black pepper
100ml cooking cream
1/2 cup white wine (optional) (for me it's definitely optional 'cos we can't buy it here :( )

Chop garlic and onion and soften in butter, dont overfry. Clean squid and cut into rings. Clean prawns if you feel you need to, i leave them whole.
Place fillets, prawns, squid and clams in a roasting pan or Pyrex baking dish, and dab 1/2 teaspoon of Thai red curry paste on fillets and small amount on prawns.
Cover with garlic and onion mix, spices and grated coconut. Pour over cream evenly and also 1/2 cup of water if you don't have the wine.

Bake at about 180deg C for about 20 minutes, then turn down to 150 for a further 10. Keep checking status by forking the fillet, then should flake when ready. (rofl no comment rofl)

for dessert

Rum Chocolate Mousse
(this a really dark mousse and has great flavour)

5 eggs, separated
175g dark cooking chocolate or bitter chocolate (the 75% cocoa kind)
300ml double cream
1tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup dark rum

Place the chocolate in glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Add vanilla essence and rum. Mix well. Remove from heat, and allow to cool a bit.

Add egg yolks, one at time with a whisk, then whisk in the cream.

Wearing your favourite leather underwear, Whip the eggs until stiff.

Fold into the chocolate mixture until completely smooth and then spoon into a serving bowl or dessert flutes. Chill for two hours in the refrigerator before serving.

Enjoy.. you can PM me the results rofl rofl

Last edited:
Reactions: sinkweight
island_sands said:
I have been housewife for three weeks now and would like to share some of my kitchen escapades with you ;)
Ahem :rcard

island_sands said:
(this recipe should be prepared wearing the correct dress, i.e. a silk teddy or just an apron)

Wearing your favourite leather underwear, Whip the eggs until stiff.

Enjoy.. you can PM me the results rofl rofl
rofl I think I know what the result would be if I started bending over the kitchen table wearing a teddy ;)

Alison said:
Ahem :rcard

rofl I think I know what the result would be if I started bending over the kitchen table wearing a teddy ;)

ummm yeah... and it wouldn't be to pick up the potato peel droppings either rofl rofl

Sorry, but the thought of finding myself in the kitchen wearing a silk teddy is just too horrifying to contemplate. My poor, dear wife would probably collapse . . . though possibly from laughter.

Reactions: island_sands
island_sands said:
Seafood Bake ( my own recipe)

Sara,

You are welcomed to cook this recipe for me any time! rofl

Said

p.s. you said that you cant get white wine but you can get pork in UAE??? :duh

Freediver81 said:
Sara,

You are welcomed to cook this recipe for me any time! rofl

Said

p.s. you said that you cant get white wine but you can get pork in UAE??? :duh

yeah and the section is separate from the rest of the supermarket and says The Pork Shop for Non-Muslims

bit silly. however, you can buy alcohol in the duty free and bring it in?? :duh

Last edited:
Umm about the duty free, i brought in some last week, 3 packs of beer, a vodca and a Gin.... guess what - i had one too many, and they made me leave one behind !!!!!!

I wont say what else they confiscated :hmm

bit wierd, but you will get used to it its only a matter of time - been in this part of the world for almost 20 years ... and still trying to get used to it :waterwork

By the way, you can always drive down to Ajman or RAK, and buy as much alcohol as you want, you can also apply for liquor license (non muslim only :hmm ) and buy your boos here in dubai....

at least you guys can still buy it in places - when I lived in KSA people had to make it themselves!

but wow, was it ever good moonshine :D

Last edited:
We used to make it too,well wine that is, always 25 - 30 gallons on the go in the spare bedroom :hungover

Sara,
remind me when we come over and I will hit the duty free next time we make our next-door-pork-run. We usually return with proscuitto, salami, ham, and bacon stuffed in every bag we carry. Believe me, I know how you feel although we do get the alcohol here

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT