• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Italian Championship

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

joefox

Oct 27, 2001
I thought you might be interested...

DYNAMIC - FEMALE

01) Monica Barbero 167,40
02) Manuela Acco 160,30
03) Paola Parenti 157,40
04) Paola Tagliabue 138,60
05) Martina Tomasi 132,20
06) Francesca Scolari 118,80
07) Valeria Somma 117,70
08) Ilaria Molinari 114,60
09) Consuelo Valoppi 112,10
10) Sandra Vallelunga 110,00

:D :D

Nice results!
Did the top girls use bi-fins or monofins?

Aren't some of them past the AIDA "world record"?
Is there some eglish site on the net where they keep tracks with all world records, disregarding organisation?

Frank,

Nice page, but there are performances missing:
Stephane Mifsud 209m dynamic (coupe des dauphins)
Martin Stepanek 102m FI
Mandy Cruickshank 78m CW

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Oops, You are right
Who validated finally Mifsud performace?, I don't remember why AIDA don't accept it

10x for the links and the movie. :)
Her style is quite impressive and it also seems like she could go further....

The monofin looks like some WW blade with wing, but it's the first time I've seen those kind of footpockets I think...

I wonder how packing affects her performence, since she chose not to do so in this attempt...

*** and it also seems like she could go further ***

Pretty much. She comes out really good, and also Manuela Acco (you might remember her with the italian national team in Ibiza WC back in 2001) and Paola Parenti came out really good.

Our guys are growing, and even if we still don't have 200 meter athletes like Pedersen or Mifsud, the performances are getting better and better.

Last year Giuliano Marchi won the national champ with 134 meters... whereas this year:

1 Battaglia Gaspare 165,60
2 Righetto Flavio 163,75
3 Graffer Simone 154,70
4 Leuci Homar 153,00
5 De Mola Giacomo 150,00
6 Tovaglieri Stefano 150,00
7 Tomasi Michele 143,85
8 Acanti Paolo 137,00
9 Chiorri Giuseppe 135,65
10 Zagaglia Andrea 133,00

I guess the European Championship next year will be really interesting!

Joefox

Hey guys, no comments?

This is CMAS freediving... no comments at all?

Joefox

Awesome numbers Joefox. I could care less who ratifies the dives. As usual the Italians are outstanding. I'm sure there'll be a rack of 200+'s in the future.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

The freediving world is too small for negitave comments where they can be avoided I think.

Cheers to the Italians! Hope we can all dive together someday!

Aaron

Reactions: Erik
Italian Freediving not CMAS Freediving.

No marketing here, please.

(Note: I make this correction, because this is what I meant)

Last edited:
Marketing????? What would sell the Italian Federation? Nobody remains calm sells null. What would be from selling? The apnea of the CMAS addresses to the National Federations and not to the single persons like you. We enjoy the performances the athletes and we do not make and absurd controversies useless.

I never said something about the Italian Federation, what I said is that this awesome performances are from Italian Freedivers.

Everyone thinks the same, until Giorgio make a comment inviting us to speak well about CMAS.

For your information I'm member of my National Federation (no single person, I'm married :) )

And finally I don't understand of what useless controversies are you talking about, it was my opinion about Giorgios post, nothing more and nothing less.

Marketing? Speak well about CMAS?
I didn't mean to do something like that.

These girls are the best in the world, results say, I was just wondering if they dive on the wrong side of the pool....

Joefox

I believe that this will end in a circle discussion without conclussion.

I was amazed with the increbible performances of the Italian Girls, and (check my post) decide to put Monica Barbero as the World Record in dynamic and this is of couse with aval of FIPSAS.
I think we all agree on that but giorgios post:
Originally posted by joefox
Hey guys, no comments?

Joefox

Give me a bad taste, and I hesitate to write something because I knew that this wil happen.

When a freediver make a remarkable performance nobody said : "Oh he is an AIDA Freediver, or FREE freediver or CMAS freediver".
At least I respect every performance, without caring for the body that ratifies the dive. You can't say that because a CMAS freediver is the best, CMAS is the best, the same goes to AIDA or FREE.
Again I say Italian girls rock, no matter who judge her performance.

Hey guys, no comments?

Yes, I have a comment. The chicks are kicking the guy's asses. Way to go ladies!:cool:

**** This is CMAS freediving... no comments at all? ****

I said this just because these "best performances" don't seem to deserve any news or comment! It's like the choice of not competing with AIDA makes italian freediving something not to talk about.

Frank you cannot teach me respect for freedivers!!!!
Have a look at my website before speaking like that. On Apnea Magazine you'll find info on EVERY freedivers' achievements.
I can say I don't care who ratifies a dive.... I really do!!!

Please let's just talk about the performances!

CEngelbrecht: not among the top girls. Among the men Gaspare Battaglia and Homar Leuci came out pretty bad, but Flavio Righetto (first year fo comps), Simone Graffer and Giacomo De Mola (firts year of comps as well!) were really good.

Here are some videos.

Video dinamica Gaspare Battaglia Roma 2004

Video dinamica Manuela Acco Roma 2004

Video dinamica Simone Graffer Roma 2004

Video dinamica Paola Parenti Roma 2004

Video dinamica Stefano Tovaglieri Roma 2004

Video dinamica Sandra Vallelunga Roma 2004

Video dinamica Mattia Malara Roma 2004

Video dinamica Ilaria Molinari Roma 2004

Video dinamica Nicola Putignano Roma 2004

Video dinamica Valeria Somma Roma 2004

Video dinamica Andrea Tucci Roma 2004

Video dinamica Max Crovato Roma 2004

Hi Everyone,

I must admit, that these Italians are amazing no matter if they are with CMAS or AIDA, I meant that their performances as athletes are really astonishing.

joefox,

do you know what kind of monofins they are using? are they some kind of special wings + angled monofins as well? I am sooo curious to know. Thanks for the answer ;)

Florance

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT