• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Italy - recommended locations?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erdi

Sep 4, 2008
Hoping to travel to Italy in July with some friends.
I'll be taking my speargun with me and some of my friends are keen on snorkelling/free diving.
Are there any recommended towns/areas to stay?
Having some good restauarants/places to eat nearby would be great.

So far I've been looking at the Amalfi Coast, Taormina and Aeolian Islands. But have no idea what their waters are like!
Are there any fish to be seen? I know the Mediterranean has been exhausted in most areas...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
And yes I've just sent Spaghetti a message

Thanks,
Erdi

Hi, I've never been in Amalfi and taormina, but I went to eolian island 10 years ago. This is a fantastic place to make snorkeling and to fishing also. And the food is very good. In every island uou can find little tipical restaurant where you can eat with a affordable bill.
The island I preferer is Stromboli, black sand but very good see. And during the night you can watch the vulcan and its eruption.
In youtube there is a fisher who uses to fish in these islands. His name is Darioeolie. Watch his videos, are very interesting.
Hope to be helpfull for you.
On August I will be one weeck in saronic islands. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would be interesting in fishing with the speargun. I will be on a boat.
Thanks.

Andrea

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT