• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

its fanally finished

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

maltaspearo

Aug 2, 2003
all thats left to do now is take it apart .finish it in two layers of apoxy resin put on another band ( 4 in all 14 mm ) and ballance it. than ram that shaft into my next victim lol:D

Reactions: donmoore
pic

pics

Attachments

• finish speargun homemade 4 rubbers 006.jpg
    finish speargun homemade 4 rubbers 006.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 636
pic

pic

Attachments

• finish speargun homemade 4 rubbers 007.jpg
    finish speargun homemade 4 rubbers 007.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 654
Very good looking gun maltaspearo,conrulations...
I think you will made some polish work over the gun otherwise it wil absorb some water you know.
I want to ask some questions; What is your trigger mech.?,and the spearshaft,caliber and brand plaese..
Thanks
Aydýn

Reactions: donmoore
yes i have to finish the gun in two layers of epoxy resin before i even get it close to the water. the trigger mech is a maltaspearosub totem sub replica. in other words i made it my self and copyed totemsub trigger mech the shaft is either a demka 6.5 mm 150 cm shaft or a 7 mm 140 cm coralign shaft i am not sure yet i have to ballast test and balance the gun first. so ill have to see. the reel is a modified omer reel.

this gun should realy hammer those ajs well i just hope it wont be over powered with 4 14 mm rubbers. i am waiting for 16 mm gorilla rubber to arive from usa but untill it get here i am using 14 mm crap rubber. anyway i cant wait to try my gun.i am a bit worried that its going to sink but anyway well see.

Hi Malta good looking gun.

Are you sure it has enough wood to absorb the recoil of 4 bands or powering 6.5-7mm shaft with 4 band is accurate setup?

It will be interesting how it will perform in the water. Let us know how it shoots in its final stage...

By the way how much does it cost you to build it?

yes it will be very interesting to see how it shoots in the water.it cost me about 110 euros to build but if you count the time it took to build it would probably me more like 1000 euros lol
il let everyone know how it goes once iv tryed it out in the water.if it doesnt shoot good ill just get me a totem totemsub tahiti.

Very good work malta,thanks for the explanations.I think if your rail is straight it will be an accurate gun,or if there will be any problems I think you will solve them..
Aydýn

Really impressive work!!!really nice!!Congrats

I'm planning to build myself a wooden gun... :duh
And I want to build the trigger mech.

I'm waiting for the wood...it should be a laminated Teck speargun.

I'm also planning for a rollergun in wood , does someone have ever tried a roller gun? seems really good. I cannot find any really impotrtant info on those kinds of gun as Niko web site doesn't work any more...

It is more a test for me than anything else but I bet it should be really exciting to catch a fish (as small as it could be) with a gun you have made with your 2 hands...

Anyway, let us share your test as soon as you go for a dive with your gun...

Hello Cece,
We will be waiting for information about your wood-roller gun,that will be interesting
Aydýn

THat's funny, I've just find a magazine with Marc Antoine Berry a french guy who used to spearfish wiht a CO2 gun (Pelletier) and he has designed a new speargun...

guess what?? it is a rollergun and he is using what I planned to use, so it seems to work, I'm waiting for the wood and then should be a big challenge!!!

hey cece take a look at www.dapiran.it he wrote something about wood rollergun in somewhere(probably in super jedi section). As i remmember he said its too hard to make wood roolergun thats why he decided to use double band config instead of rollergun concept

Yes, I saw this but he doesn't say why it is difficult, there is no really good reasons, only that it is too difficult...

By the way his superjedi is really nice, I love the line release system....

Cece I think you want to use some kind of different type of loading type of your roller gun,keep informing us,that will be very interesting.
By the way the new line release of superjedi is so simple and seems effective..
Aydýn

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT