• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Jacques Mayol passed away

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

joefox

Oct 27, 2001
I had to read your post and the news on that URL you gave us several times to convince myself that this is actually true. I just can't beleive it.
The legend is gone. May he rest in peace.

Posted a crude translation in the news section

I am greatly saddend by this news. I went to babelfish and had it crudely translated for posting in the news section.

The sport of freediving has lost a great legend.

May he rest in peace. :waterwork

a huge sorrow for whole community.

It is difficult to express how Jacques Mayol has influence my life, and my freediving 'career'.
I just just want to express my own sorrow for passed legend :waterwork .

Tuomo

a huge loss indeed

We all, as a community and as a world have been both blessed with this man's spirit and shocked by his passing. His abiltiies were a close second to his humanity.

This would be a very good time to reflect on the well being of those around you and to do whatever is possible to enable them to realize their potentials. In doing so you will envision your own.

Good bye and thank you Jacques.

sven

cold in my heart

What can I say?
Jacques Mayol was my first freediving hero, the figure I wanted to emulate.
He was the biggest influence for me to join this underwater world. I don't have words to say how sad I'm. I feel cold in my heart.
I hope he stays in peace where ever he is, and keep freediving for the eternity.

Frank Pernett

Bon voyage

I first heard about you in the late 80's, before I could even swim. I saw the Big Blue in the early 90's, after learning how to scubadive. You inspired me to return to the sea, and helped give me a physical connection to my spiritual self, and for that I will always be thankful. I am sure that you have returned to the original sea that we all spring from, and are swimming with your friends.
My condolences to the close friends and family.
Bon voyage,
Erik Young

Reactions: freediver48
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT