• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

January - Pre Freeze-A-Palooza Training 1/22 & 1/29

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pinggene

WisconsinFreshwaterSpearo
Aug 9, 2006
Get in a little extra training prior to the Freeze-A-Palooza

When: 1/22 & 1/29 from 8-9 PM

Where: McFarland High School Pool

See posts below for more info.

Leave a message in your thread if you will attend.

Thanks,

Gene

Last edited:
Re: Pre Freeze-A-Palooza Training???

Gene,

Monday nights from 8-9 at the McFarland Highschool pool, it's just a coupe minutes south of Madison and onthe east side of town to make your drive a bit closer.

Bring your new wetsuit and I can show you how to put it on- don't forget a spraybottle full of lube.

I can also hsow you the rope hook ups and you can even getin a game of underwater hockey if you want. Any one f those Mondays will work just let me know the monring of which one your coming to.

I'm hoping that everything is still a GO for the Ice Freedive. Here it is the 6th of Janurary and the lakes are WIDE open- this is not normal. If there's no ice we'll still dive but it won't be quite the same.

Jon

Hi Jon!

How deep is this spot during Freeze-A-Palooza dives?

Peter

The lake is 90' deep but we aim for a slope off the beach in the 40'-50' range- so that there's something to see and not so far a walk from the warming house.

Jon

That will be fun enough. I guess we can focus on deeper dives some other time, maybe during Freedive-A-Palooza or in the summer. Are You ever coming to dive in Chicagoland?

If your looking for depth come up to Freedive-a-palooza this summer- the lake is 320' deep. I've got freinds who have bottomed it out and will be up there freediving with us, but could be talked into putting their tanks on if you want to go for some kind of a record. I've had 60'+ of vis down at 230' in there before- without a light!

There are other places that are wide open right now were we can hit 100' without much of a problem- Red granite Quarry and Lake Geneva come to mind.

A couple of my local lakes are wide open right now and go down around 80'. Then, there's always the wrecks off of Milwaukee that we can hit if you want to go deep in the summertime.

I've dove some of the wrecks down in the Chicago area before, but everything down there is very shallow and broken up- not to mention the crazy boat traffic. Everyone else I know from the area comes up to Wisconsin to dive. If you've got a place to go, that I don't know about, I'd be interested in checking it out. I'm certain we could get a group together to dive it.

Jon

Jon

Jon!

I will come to Freedivie-A-Palooza as well because Jim (FreediveChicago) told me it's a must see event. The depths You are talking about are far beyond my reach but I would like to hit around 120 for now. It looks like I should not have a problem finding the right people there...

Thanks and see You in Wisconsin in a month

Jon,

Sounds good about going to the school on a Monday night. I will try to make (2) if possible (1/15 & 1/22), but I will let you know for sure as we get closer.

Do you do the underwater hockey every Monday night?

Are you open to others attending as well?

Thank you for your assistance. No wet suit yet, but should be soon! :)

Gene

Re: January - Pre Freeze-A-Palooza Training???

I played every Monday night for the past 6 years, but took a pretty good hit a couple months ago and was advised by my doctor to quit- compressed a nerve in my spine.

Others are always welcome. First time free after that it's $5 a session for pool rental.

Jon

I just remembered that there's no pool open on the 15th.:head

The school is closed for holiday and I don't want anyone drivig in for no reason on that night.

Jon

Jon,

Sounds good, will try to make 1/22 & 1/29.

Anyone else going to be there?

Gene

Jon,

Just FYI...I'm still planning on 1/22 & 1/29 to be at the pool for some instruction.

Gene

Gene,

I would pass on the 22nd if I were you. I just found out yesterday that the TV news station is sending their camera crew in that night and I have to shoot the underwater footage for them as part of the report they are doing on Under water hockey.

Now, if you want to come down and play hockey, plus get on TV, I would suggest making the trip anyhow. I just won't be able to help you out with much else that night.

Jon

Hockey is open to anyone. First time is free and then it's $5 a session for pool rental after that.

Jon

Jon,

I won't be able to make it on Monday due to Jan's (my wife) dad passing away. :rcard

Have fun on TV!!! rofl

I will really try to make 1/29.

Gene

I'm going to the Mc Farland pool for hockey.

On Wednesday night Brian, Pete and I are going to be training at the YMCA pool.

Jon

Jon,

I should be there tonight...unless I run into a snag at home.

Gene

Reactions: Jon
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT