• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Jersey 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Flyflicker, not being rude but haven't visited in a while.

I usually dive the south east coast and there is plenty of ground there for the kind of diving you are looking for. La Rocque is my favourite but green island, la hocq and la mare are also all good.

Depending on the amount of time you have getting in a good few hours before low tide will allow you time to get out to the back reefs and dive them at low water before riding the currents back in. if you are shorter on time then la mare may be a good option as you can be a bit more flexible getting in and out with the tides and its only 5 mins back to st helier.

feel free to PM me if you want any more detail.

Thanks Wanny - Loops is also sorting me out a few spots, so I will be OK for my visit :)

quick dive in bouley bay - loads of pollack but no bass, thank goodness for Lou's fresh fish!

Dived Bouley Bay again yesterday (no gun, just my camera) and came across this jelly fish. It was about 2 foot long and had unusual fish sheltering in it's tentacles..

Also saw a bass and a micro cuttle fish of 2 inches long! Then a pint of the golden stuff and fresh scallops from the Black Dog :)

Last edited:
Hi guys just getting all me gear back together after over 7 years - but weather turned a bit sour - will have to wait till clears up - looking forward to some hunting again soon - looks like this thread a little out of date
mark

Hi Mark. Good to hear from you, not been visiting here much recently as too !$£%ing windy to think about diving. Still looks a bit blowy for the weekend but hopefully can get in.

Only been in once so far this year - a few weeks back, 2m viz and no fish so not the greatest of dives. The water looked like it was clearing up last week though.

Hi Mark. Good to hear from you, not been visiting here much recently as too !$£%ing windy to think about diving. Still looks a bit blowy for the weekend but hopefully can get in.

Only been in once so far this year - a few weeks back, 2m viz and no fish so not the greatest of dives. The water looked like it was clearing up last week though.

Hi mate I have not been in yet this year nearly got all me new gear together - another trip down to apnea store - yes the vis is crap the last time i checked - may have a quick spin around on the bike today and see how it looks - cant wait to get the first fish of the year :)
maybe we should open a new thread say jersey 2007 ? what do you think ?

mark

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT