• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

John Bennett

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
News Item: http://www.deeperblue.net/newsfull.php/836

I'm sad to say that John Bennett, our former Technical Diving Editor, was lost (presumed dead) in Korea during a commercial diving operation.

As you all know John was working with us at DeeperBlue.net for over a year and helped form the original Technical Diving section.

He will be sadly missed and leaves behind a family.

this is really sad news. my condolences to his family and friends. 300m on scuba was an incredible achievement.

hi

My condolences to the family too

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble,,,,

Daniel

My husband and I met John a couple of time, in the Philippines and in the UK during the dive show in London, when he was talking about his record dive.

He was one in a million, who did not brag about his achievements. He will be sadly missed by all in the Phillipines (where he was based before leaving to live in Oz) and by his many friend in the UK. To Gaby and their 2 children, our love and saddness are with you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT