• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

just an idea...i want to hear your opinions

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ahoyhoy239

As Seen On TV!
May 13, 2003
This idea just came in to my head the other night.

Has anyone ever considered putting some foldable "pegs" near the muzzle of their speargun to load it like a crossbow?For example, like the foot pegs on a motorcycle, or like on a bike but skinnier. If you could mount those on the barrel near the muzzle(or on it), and load the gun crossbow style, as if you were standing on it, wouldn't you be able to use your legs as well as your arms to load the gun.

Just a thought...

hi ahoy

let me check if i'm seeing your point. you want to put your feet on the pegs, and pull on the rubbers with your arms/push with your legs at the same time, sort of pogo-stick style?
i think it would work well with short guns, but i'm not sure it would be so easy on a long gun, because you'd have to pull your arms up anyway.
but give it a shot and tell me how it works.

ps, what length/style gun are you using?

mark

yeah thats what i mean, using your arms and legs.it was just an idea, i wouldnt know how to even do it.now i shoot a Rob Allen 110cmwith one 16mm and i have just added 1 Mean Green Band but i have yet to try it out or even load it:head .Guess i have hit the gym again.im expecting about a 20 foot range since Ive seen a friends RA 110 shoot about that with a single short 20mm:duh .the pegs were an idea, but ill let you know how the mean green works out.

RA's

at least you have the right gun. a 110 with a 16 rubber you'll need the double/action loading technique. have you got the correct loading technique?

i can load the 16, no problem. the mean green is harder because it just locks up and becomes a bear to pull back. i am going to make a band about 2 inches longer, i think that will help. also, loading one band over the over is also something i will have to get used to.

good idea. rather get it loaded, then cut it back when you think its too easy. you might try getting someone to try and crack the first load out because its always the toughest. how close to the notch do you get?

i can put the 16 mm all the way to the back and the mean green can get to the 1st notch, but i cant load one after the other.i will have someone else load the mean green for me like you say, i think that will help

all the best, just remember to post the pics when you shoot the big one

Its been done before!

I remember seeing some pictures of a few huge blue water guns from 50’s or 60’s that had those pegs. If I remember right it was this inventor type guy who built several guns. He had some kind of multiplying type of force, kinda-of-like a compound bow. Seems like it had pulleys and stuff. There was a web page that had several pictures of his guns and him and a little story. I wonder if Sven know something about him and the foot begs! I think he was a Californian.
don

thanks don i will search around for this website. its too bad im not the first to think of this, although one can always be the first:head

We have a South African gun maker called Jack Lugg ; was everyone's favourite in the ole days before RA's ...
The nozzle was wide enough to grip with your fins *just*
I did this a couple of times 'till my foot slipped ; the barb went straight through my fin , tickling my heel . The gun butt somehow missed by chin too .
Take care.

Originally posted by Abriapnea
We have a South African gun maker called Jack Lugg ; was everyone's favourite in the ole days before RA's ...
The nozzle was wide enough to grip with your fins *just*
I did this a couple of times 'till my foot slipped ; the barb went straight through my fin , tickling my heel . The gun butt somehow missed by chin too .
Take care.

hi

That sure is the old school way ;)

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT