• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Just finished my level 1 freediving course

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sep 28, 2017
Hi everyone
As I mentioned in title that just finished my level one freediving course but there is one thing that bothered me a lot which’s I couldn’t dive more than 21 meters due to equalisation problem.
Do you have any suggest for how to equalize beyond 21 meters......thanks

Reactions: daforg and A.Naish
Hi everyone
As I mentioned in title that just finished my level one freediving course but there is one thing that bothered me a lot which’s I couldn’t dive more than 21 meters due to equalisation problem.
Do you have any suggest for how to equalize beyond 21 meters......thanks
Hi Faisal. First of all congratulation for you first course. By reaching to 21 meters is a good achievement for level one. Just keep practicing and keep making small steps. I recommend that you may take intermediate level that is covering the depth and all what come with it. There are a good videos in YouTube talking about equalization problems and how to solve it. Never dive alone. Be safe.
Tangerino.

Reactions: A.Naish
Hi Faisal. First of all congratulation for you first course. By reaching to 21 meters is a good achievement for level one. Just keep practicing and keep making small steps. I recommend that you may take intermediate level that is covering the depth and all what come with it. There are a good videos in YouTube talking about equalization problems and how to solve it. Never dive alone. Be safe.
Tangerino.[/QU
Thanks a lot for the reply , I will take it step by step and I will for sure look up those videos in YouTube

From what you said, sounds like you were using Valsava, it's when you push air using your thorax or diaphragm from your chest towards your eustachian tubes (inner ear). because at 20meters deep you're at 3bar, the volume in your lungs is 1/3 of your fill volume, so if your Vital capacity was 6L, you're at 2L, just 1+L above your RV(risidual volume), if we add to it, the air used to equalize your diving mask, you may not have much, and your thorax and diaphragm are already contacted inside and can't be used to add pressure.
So, most divers that go deep use Frenzel method, you use your tongue and presse it on your mouth's upper palate.
Other advanced divers use a mouth-fill at deeper depths.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT