• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Just in case...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

StretchArmStron

Jan 19, 2004
you all head towards Jacksonville Florida...don't be shy and look AJwaverider up...

Aj came up to chucktown for a little dirty water action. The fish must have known he was coming as they did not show in large numbers. Had a good time anyway throwing chicken wings at seagulls and taking in the beautiful weather (such a nice change from all the hurricane crap we were getting.)

just letting other deeperblue'ers know...Aj's a top notch guy and a joy to hunt with.

very cool to put a name with a face.

and now a picture from a nice night out this past wednesday.

John.

John! I know I told you thanks allready but I really enjoyed the trip and your hospitality. I wish we could have stayed at the coal shoot a little longer because it's a strange but cool spot with all those pilings around .Being there with the gang was great ,I felt
like I was back home with old friends.SC has some wonderful people there and any of you guys and gals are welcome at my home anytime.

For the other DB members we shot 3 fish the first day and 2 fish the second ,scared about 20 flounder and missed some big sheeps.I didn't come home empty handed because John gave me some of the fish in the pic above we cleaned the day before
and we traded some gun building ideas ,also got to hang out with some of the best freedivers in the Charleston area.

Jedi diver out

So, does 'our' vis. 'beat' Jacksonville's? Sorry i missed you in SC, hope you enjoyed some of our finer inshore haunts. Now you know why the fish always look so big in john's posts;) . Were those reds ...er...spottails and flounders from gigging or diving?

...some of the best freedivers in the Chas. area? If your talking about Chad, Lee, and Kevin then you hung out w/ ALL the freedivers in the Chas. area (and maybe Ashley too...).:p

He said BEST...that would be ME, ME, ME, ME, and ashley.

lol.

naw Chad unfortunatley has been missing in action and unable to hunt...so the rest of the gang minus Chad bombarded downtown. But only me and AJ got to hunt.

Defo! Wish you could have been there. The viz in SC beats Jax hands down atleast right now.One thing I noticed about the water in Chucktown is the absence of particulates atleast at most spots we went to.Here in Jax there is lot of snow and debri in the water and some tanic acid out of the rivers.Seas are up and out
of the north east so I doubt the viz will get any better.The fish in the photo are from the night before I got there, John and Ashley
gig them. We shot some fish both days but didn't take any pics of them. ." Now you know why the fish always look so big in john's posts " Funny you mentioned that ,I was kind of suprise when John answered the door because I thought he was taller.But what he
lacks in vertical height he more than make up for in his spearing ability and allaround coolness.
My fiance's niece is going to graduate in june of next year so we
are going to escondido,Cali for the ceremony so maybe i'll get to do some diving with you then .I'll get in touch with you closer to the date so we can plan something.
diving on the west coast.
AJ . :)

oh I can feel another adition to the roadtrip wishlist...... :D

Nice catch guys, one in the back is a keeper for sure!

You guys are allowed to shoot red fish up there? I've seen some big one sinshore here in Miami, but we can't take them. Do they taste any good?

Gerald

I like them...grilled, blackened, or baked...it's wonderful.
We can shoot/gig anything you can take on rod and reel here in sc. The only time we can NOT take trout or redfish is december though february. (because the water is so cold that you could pick them up w/a dip net if you wanted)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT