• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

just wondering!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

vali

Mar 21, 2007
underwater pictures from red sea - hurghada

in 3 days I will leave romania for a "7 days scuba [and freediving if possible] in hurgada...
because i never went there before....any advice can be usefull....
10x!

Last edited:
ok guys
I'm back...
the prommised pictures
two of them was made at THISELGORM wreck

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures looks like a beautiful place to dive. The picture with you in it what where you diving a wreck?
Becky

hi - does anybody know what kind of ray that spotted blue fellow is?

amazing pix!

looks like it was a great trip.
how many msw or fsw were most of your dives?

hi - does anybody know what kind of ray that spotted blue fellow is?

amazing pix!

looks like it was a great trip.
how many msw or fsw were most of your dives?

the ray is named the spotted reef stingray...a dangerous fish...
i don-t appear in none of the above pictures because I was the one who took those pictures:)

what msw or fsw mean?

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
meters salt water or feet salt water - just curious how deep you were
when finding these critters!

meters salt water or feet salt water
I also never heard this terminology, and am curious what the difference is between a meter (or a feet) in salt water and a meter in fresh water (or dry)? I guess it may be similar as the difference between one kilogram of feathers and one kilogram of lead :)

well
the stingray was at about 15 meters depth
most of my dives in this jurney was at 18 meters
however i dived at 23 meters on Thiselgorm....
maximul depth reached in this trip was 30 meters
scubadiving of course
i was not able to do a properr freedive because of the program, but i did manage to go at 12 meters once and i remember that it was more relaxing than other times....i'm somehow sure that my pb will fall in short time [15m]

Last edited:
exactly!

the only difference (btwn salt and fresh) is weight, and ultimately bouyancy,

and the acronyms msw/fsw are just scorched in my puny brain
from theoretical classes.

but i was curious about what depth and what waters he was diving in....

and it's friday!
rofl

like i said above, it's the red sea....one of the most salty sea ever....

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics vali they look great, what camera do you use? also just in case you are not aware ( though you probably are) you were probably better off not being able to freedive while you doing a lot of scuba possibly even more so if there was a lot of repetitive shallow diving for long periods. the two don't mix as well as one might think, as you are sometimes recompressing bubbles in slow tissues and could still get a dcs hit. I held off scuba on a recent trip to dahab but can't say that i missed it.Thanks again for the pics

i used a canon A 620 with 7.1 mgpixels with a 40 meters depth camera waterproof case...
the 12 m freedive was made before the scuba and yes...i know thay they don-t mix well
i did once a 15 meters freediving after a 40 meters scuba and i had serious trublle with my heart....for about 2 hours i had a very abnormaly heart beating ever and i experienced some kind of deasiness:)
i'l never do it again
10x 4 the good words:):):)

Righto, looks like I am moving to Egypt!! Beauutiful place!

Love the pictures Vali. I too would like to know what camera you are using?

Anyone know about immigration laws in Egypt?

well
like i said above, i used a canon A 620 camera / 7.1 mgpixels with a 40 meters depth camera waterproof case...
canon620.jpg
canon620case.jpg

stay tuned
on 14-th of april i'll go again in hurgada for 7 days
other places to dive than before...so! other pictures!!!

Reactions: Nikkey
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT