• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kamloops BC!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

iceselkie

where did the summer go?
Jun 27, 2003
Well I finally made it out to BC, and I can't wait to experience the waters here!

So far, I'm lovin' it.. going to Nanaimo for open water certification mid march. Just waiting for wetsuit temperatures, at least until i have more experience.
Unbelievably beautiful out here.. don't miss SK one teeny bit :D

Nanaimo is awsome diving. I like it better then the red sea. soo much better.

deep, dark, cold, and spooky!

don;t forget to go diving with the seals at snake island!

How could i forget that?! i love seals..
actually it would be cool to be able to compare to the red sea.. when did you go?
i have a question.. a dumb one but thats ok cuz im still new here.. is a total 14mm (two 7mm pieces) going to suffice the water there that time of year? i supoze i will getting cold due to also being nervous...
i did a little homework here and found the mossman clip you posted in 2003.. very cool! esp. the octopus..

that wet suit shoudl be fine. my first dives in nanaimo were with a bare 7+7

Red Sea? did 20 dives a year there from 1996 - 2003. all on the Arabian Coast @ yanbu or off Jeddah.

Greg Mossfeldt has some amazing vids. lots more on his site :D

Just thought I'd update on this thread...
Went to Nanaimo and had a blast. It was cold and rainy the whole time! Well the sun peeked out once, for 10 minutes! Had on a 6.5 mm two piece as well as spandex leggings and nylons for sleeves underneath. We didn't get to dive Snake Island :( :( :( BUT I Promise I will next time I go there (this summer lol) other than that, we saw tonnes of stuff (even a little octopus) and had a great time diving.
Most of the divers there wanted to know more about our "breath-hold diving", which surprised me, I thought most of them would be familiar with that stuff. Well, now that we have been aquainted, we are looking forward to more trips with the locals, with or without tanks. :)
Sorry I dont have any pics of me with my gear on, however, someone caught me showing off my nylons!

Attachments

• buccbri2.jpg
    buccbri2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 170
  • keelcovesmall.jpg
    keelcovesmall.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I'll be heading down to the island to dive Nanaimo in late august. if you're keen I'm always looking for a buddy. Snake Island is a MUST when i go there. sounds liek you had a good time, glad to hear it. (looks like you stayed at the Buc?)

the nylons are DEAD SEXY! (Fat Bastard voice :D )

LOL!!!

Yeah they were a hit! Good eye, too.. we had room 203 at the Bucc and it was great (though I overheated the dryer trying to warm up my gloves). Nice little spot there, close to Muddy Waters Pub(which was AWESOME), even though we didn't get to see much else due to the weather. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

if you go agian make sure you try the Fish&Chips at Muddys, rather large portion of Halibut...yum yum yum! their lunch chowder is good too! great between dives :D The buc is a great palce and VERY diver friendly. one of the reasons I keep going back to Nanaimo to dive!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT