• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Karma and Personal Pictures

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinkweight

fat flotilla
Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Wowee!

What a great place to learn all you can from veterans and pros alike!

One question...or rather, two questions...What's the deal with the little Karma nuggets? And how do you load a personal picture under your screen name up to the left of your post?

Is this something that comes with the amount of time you spend in the forum? i.e. the longer you've been with DB, the more fangle-dangle you get?

Gimme the low-down on the doo-hickeys, somebody. I feel a little naked in here.

You think !YOU! feel naked ...

To change your avatar,
- Click on the "User CP" button at the top of the page
- Click on the "Edit Options" link (right under "DeeperBlue.net Forums > User Control Panel For sinkweight")
- Towards the bottom of the page, in the "Other Options" table, click the "Change Avatar" button
- At the bottom of the "Edit Avatar" page, there is a row labeled "You can upload an avatar from your computer:". CLick on the "Browse" button to the right of this and navigate to the picture that you want to post.

Note that pictures have a limitation of 75x75 pixels.

While in the "User CP", you will see karmic contributions from fellow DB-ers. I guarantee that there is at least one entry in there ...

Nice picture Pezman,

I'm glad you chose paper, and not plastic.

I bet you used to be the chivalrous type to offer a lady your sack lunch at school, didn't you.

Thanks for your help. I drew a little sinkweight avatar picture to test it out and it seems to work...on my computer, at least.

I forgot to ask how you change it from "New Member" to "Underwata Playa Hata"

anymore help available?

Reactions: OceanSwimmer
Under the User CP section, there's a table that has a row marked "Custom User Text:". The field on the right is where you would enter "Underwata Playa Hata"

I'm not sure that this field is enabled for new users, though. I faintly remember discovering it one day and wondering whether it was always there or whether it appeared from nowhere ...

The paper vs plastic jibe was pretty good rofl.

when does one lose the 'new member' title? Is it after a time limit or a specific amount of posts?

..woo-hoo....avatar...:D

.....woo-hoo....custom member title :duh

Last edited:
Reactions: OceanSwimmer
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT