• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Karma is reincarnated as Reputation!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hi everyone,

We have imported the old "Karma" for each person into the new "Reputation" system. The system is similar to the old "Karma" but does have some fundamental differences:
  • Karma is now applies by clicking on the little "scales" icon on the top right of a post between the post number and report bad post icons.
  • You can only leave Positive comments. Admin's and Mentors are the only groups who can leave Negative feedback.
  • Your "Reputation" is shown below your username.
  • You can see in your User CP Reputation other people have left for you. Reputation is always "signed" so you can see who has left you comments
  • Your Reputation level is based on several factors, including (but not limited to) number of posts, length of membership, and feedback from others
Please post any comments in this thread or if you need support please post in the support Forum.

Reactions: DeepThought
What's the difference between "Rep power" and the number of squares - is there any relationship? The numbers dont match up to the squares. Also I cant seem to get the whole text when I pass the cursor over the squares, for example in your case I can read:

"Stephan Whelan huge tracts of" so I have to guess the rest, don't leave me sleepless!! :D

Adrian

This is good. I was just getting up to where I thought I might go to my second square and had great hopes. Maybe when I finally manage to spear a fish?

Interesting thing: When you hold the mouse arrow over the karma/reputation it comes up with a tagline. Like "X has much to be proud of" etc.

My one says: "Shadowkiller a quivering mountain of"

A quivering mountain of what? :D rofl rofl rofl

Point taken. I'll start my gym soon... ;)

This is much better, in the past someone insulted me but without sign, it was impossible to know, now I know who was

Reactions: mishu1984
how do you know who gave you Reputation? I can read the comment in my user CP but not see who left it

Hey folks,

The Karma Levels have been adjusted so that they make a bit more sense!

Sam - sorry about that - you are listed as Staff so had slightly different permissions, it should be fixed now though.

Hey Sam
In the CP, there is a table of reputation with the thread, date, posted by and comment (check it out again)

Adrian said:
What's the difference between "Rep power" and the number of squares - is there any relationship? The numbers dont match up to the squares.
Adrian

I'm still lost on this one. Psmurf has more rep power points than me, but I have more green squares. So who's cooler? rofl

unirdna said:
I'm still lost on this one. Psmurf has more rep power points than me, but I have more green squares. So who's cooler? rofl

Ha! Coolness is in the eye of the beholder :D

The Green Squares relate to what "level" you are (so for example I have Huge Tracts of Reputation), Rep Power what sort of impact you have on other people when you give Positive Reputation.

Ahh, I see. So, I have a slightly higher level, but you are much more influential....

...kinda like, I'm GWB and you are Karl Rove.

Hehehe.

I do have to point out that I have resisted the urge to just log into the backend and set myself to some stupidly high level of Reputation and Power.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT