• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Keeping knifes on your belt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Yoho

Oct 8, 2017
I have a knife in my belt, sometimes my belt moves the the knife is uncomfortable in my hip or belly

does anyone mount their knife parallel to their belt?

the knife I have is similar to the photo

1626779753036.jpeg

I have an inch or 2 of line holding my knife to my belt so it sort of dangles close. I never feel it but its always there when I need it.

I run my knife parallel to the belt. I also run a crotch strap so the belt doesn't slide or move in position, making it easy to find my knife or belt clip. My knife is on the large side. I use a custom knife. Made by Hiko Ito called the Kanaloa.

I run the knife parallel mostly so I can see me putting the knife back.

I used to run my knife on my leg, but ended up getting tangled too often. I then tried my arm, but it always loosened or cut off too much circulation. It also got tangled a lot there.

I run my knife parallel to the belt. I also run a crotch strap so the belt doesn't slide or move in position, making it easy to find my knife or belt clip. My knife is on the large side. I use a custom knife. Made by Hiko Ito called the Kanaloa.

I run the knife parallel mostly so I can see me putting the knife back.

I used to run my knife on my leg, but ended up getting tangled too often. I then tried my arm, but it always loosened or cut off too much circulation. It also got tangled a lot there.
You wouldn’t happen to have any photos?

I carry a knife like that on my forearm. Its instantly available and isn't lost if I drop my belt.

These Riffe straps are nice. Very stretchy do you can buckle them and then slide them up your area over your watch.

Amazon product

Here it is on my arm.

Attachments

• bill's ship copy.jpg
    bill's ship copy.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 413
I have been using a Gerber Exo Mod but it is a rather small knife. It's just a utility knife probably useless for fish or heavy rope but it does come in different sizes and styles.
1626831281611.png

Attachments

• 20210720_183329.jpg
    20210720_183329.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 343
Reactions: Mr. X
How do you attach it to your belt? I could do something similar to the knife I already have
It is just a wide piece of nylon webbing with a standard plastic tri-glide buckle. Thicker webbing helps keep it from being floppy or coming loose.

If your belt moves, you don't need to do anything with your knife. You need another belt. Buy a rubber one. Better if marseillase.

So, you need to pull it tighter. And you can also run a bungee down your crotch to prevent it from rotating.

I have a knife in my belt, sometimes my belt moves the the knife is uncomfortable in my hip or belly

View attachment 57342

Please don't wear your knife on your belt: the knife has many uses, but its primary function is to cut you out of an emergency. The sort of emergency in which you would also need to jettison your belt!

Please don't wear your knife on your belt: the knife has many uses, but its primary function is to cut you out of an emergency. The sort of emergency in which you would also need to jettison your belt!
I understand the knife is there to help me if I get entangled but i can’t see a situation where I would not be able to reach my belt

if I can not reach my waist I think I am in a pretty bad situation. In regards to mounts I have heard people getting tangled in both arm and leg mounted knifes

if you have any stories or reasons for ditching the knife on the belt I am happy to hear them

I always carry 2 knives as you never know when you may lose one.
One on the belt, and one on the forearm with a velcro elastic strap.
I recently switched to the C4 silicone belt. Much better than the rubber one. The belt does not move, nor does the knife.
I used to carry a knife on the inner part of my leg, now a smaller SEAC knife on my forearm. A lot better.
Silicone marseille belt is totally worth it.
what if you get tangled and also have to ditch the belt? good to have a knife elsewhere too.

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT