• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

keys discussion

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andrsn

Just visiting...
Aug 26, 2001
keys in march?

anyone going to be around south florida the end of march?

aquiles and i are heading down to marathon to do some spearfishing. we're camping at knight's key.

anyone's welcome to join us if you're in the area.

anderson

Last edited:
Anderson,

I'm definitely interested - let me know the exact dates and hopefully I'll be able to make it.

I had written on the "personal information" thread that I had hoped to go to the keys this year. This sounds like the best opportunity that I will have.

Thanks,

Scott

dates

march 27th - april 1st

we normally hit sombrero for muttons and grouper. then, there's the bridge rubble in 90+ feet that has some bigger critters. the actual bridge has lobster and big mangroves. if the vis is good on a slack tide, there are some big holes between the bridges that are home to some big blacks.

the campground is a blast. they've got hot showers and a great view. marathon is also a great hub to trailer the boat to ramps that are closer to some wrecks.

later,
anderson

anderson,

If you've got room for one more on the boat, I'm in (my boat is too small for the Keys). Let me know and I'll make my campsite reservations.

Never been spearing but just as happy to freedive and take photos.

Feel free to private e-mail me at scottlnelson@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Scott

Sounds like it would be useful for diving in the Keys when I get down there anyway.

march 27th - april 1st, buddy! get your @ss down to knight's key!

I'd LOVE to, but work has me snowed under for another couple of months and that is Easter weekend to boot, so no chance of getting away. It's killing me knowing what I'm missing though.

et tu?

sorry cj, we'll send pics and flowers :D

scott, what about you? we've got a few hearty spearos lined up for the keys, wanna join us?

anderson

ps. my abyss/yellow lens is the bomb! :inlove

anderson,

As we discussed, I'm in!

(I will caveat that I was unaware that this was Easter weekend - whats up with Easter being in March? - until CJB pointed it out. I just need to re-confrim with the new info).

Scott

other scott

actually i meant scott turgeon.

but, mr nelson.. keep me posted on whether or not you can make it too.

Thanks Andersn

Andersn,

I greatly appreciate your offer and would love to join you but between my first child hopefully being born in April, the Nationals in July (N. CA), and the Worlds in November (Brazil or now maybe Chile), I'm pretty much screwed for vacation time until 2003.

As a matter of fact, I was thinking about your trip last night and looked for any GPS numbers that I might have for that area to pass on to you but unfortunately I didn't have anything down there.

I know you guys are going to have a great time!

Scott Turgeon

other, other scott

anderson,

oops! I was a little confused about the "other Scott" - that's what happens when I try to sneak in reading the forums when I'm really supposed to be working.

After reading Scott Turgeon's profile (2001 USA Spearfishing Champion), I don't think I can get away with confusing myself with him anymore.

I'm still on - will just need to leave Saturday night after diving instead of Sunday AM.

Thanks,

Scott (wanna be like Turgeon) Nelson

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT