• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lake District based freediver, UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tom198

Sep 8, 2018
Hi!
I recently completed my AIDA 2* course with Steve Millard, and I'm looking to start freediving as much as I can.
Does anyone know of good sites in Scotland or the west coast of the UK which might be good?

I'm also interested in meeting up with any freedivers near me, so if you're interested get in touch :)

Hi!
I recently completed my AIDA 2* course with Steve Millard, and I'm looking to start freediving as much as I can.
Does anyone know of good sites in Scotland or the west coast of the UK which might be good?

I'm also interested in meeting up with any freedivers near me, so if you're interested get in touch :)
Hi Tom98,
Sorry, this is a year old, but did you find anyone in the NW? I'm Penrith/Carlisle/North Lakes area, also new 2* with Steve M.

Hi, sorry that this is another year older, are either of you still diving?
Hi Jamie. Time flies. I'm still diving, at least when it's warmer. I was interested in finding alternatives to Capernwray. In fact anywhere not too far from Carlisle/Penrith area. Salt water or fresh. Any ideas? Cheers.

Hi Jamie. Time flies. I'm still diving, at least when it's warmer. I was interested in finding alternatives to Capernwray. In fact anywhere not too far from Carlisle/Penrith area. Salt water or fresh. Any ideas? Cheers.
Hi Mark,

You're a bit further north than me, I don't tend to dive up your way. I'm told there are spots off the west coast, though I haven't been for a look yet, I'd like to try St Bees at some point. We generally just use any of the Lakes; Windermere is our closest and most accessible, though it's usually quite busy and viz is poor. We have been diving in Hodge Close Quarry right in the centre of the Lakes, its a fair old drive to get there and requires a short walk with kit, but it's sheltered, calm and clear, although it quickly gets dark with depth, from about 10m you're struggling to see anything.

I would imagine that any of the quieter lakes would have much better viz, the ones with less boat traffic. I don't get a lot of chances to dive, only when my girlfriend is down from Uni, so we tend to stick to what we know rather than risk a wasted day.

Hi Mark,

You're a bit further north than me, I don't tend to dive up your way. I'm told there are spots off the west coast, though I haven't been for a look yet, I'd like to try St Bees at some point. We generally just use any of the Lakes; Windermere is our closest and most accessible, though it's usually quite busy and viz is poor. We have been diving in Hodge Close Quarry right in the centre of the Lakes, its a fair old drive to get there and requires a short walk with kit, but it's sheltered, calm and clear, although it quickly gets dark with depth, from about 10m you're struggling to see anything.

I would imagine that any of the quieter lakes would have much better viz, the ones with less boat traffic. I don't get a lot of chances to dive, only when my girlfriend is down from Uni, so we tend to stick to what we know rather than risk a wasted day.
Hi Jamie,
Windermere isn't out of the question for me. When the weather warms up and you need a buddy we could try a day. Buttermere and Crummock are popular with the open water swimmers, and may be a quieter option. Let's keep in touch. M.

Hi!

Looking for a dive buddy for wastwater

Hey man,

I’m doing my AIDA with Steve now. I’m based in the Lake District. Do you still dive? i know the thread is old.

Looking for a dive buddy for wastwater
Hi Trevor,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I haven't been on here in a while.

We're still diving, and have just started again for the season. If you're still diving let me know.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT