• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

lake michigan contour map

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bglaeser

Jan 4, 2007
I know I was on a website that had a very nice contour map of lake michigan in the kenosha area. I thought someone on this forum had directed me there, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know the website to which I am referring?
~Brian

bglaeser, Ill get some pictures up of the lake. My dad is a big marriner and Has HUGE countures of the lake. Because we are talking about this, I am just wondering if anyone here would be interested in diving a place that the old man showed me. ( Ill point it out when I get the maps uploaded) But from what he showed me last night, there is a cool cliff about a mile out in the lake. The depth goes from 4' to 80'!!! So in theory we could take a boat out there, relax in the shallow's and dive off of this HUGE underwater cliff. idk I think that it would be really cool diving along a huge cliffside. I would also like to think that there would be a plethora of fish there. alothough Im not 100% sure on that. However the habitat seems to be ideal for fish and free divers. Also because of the shallow draft (it's pretty much a reef) we wouldn't have to be too concered with getting a propeller haircut from other boaters. well hope this helps and rest assured I will get the maps online as soon as possible! :)

Gahiel,

I would be interrested in going...I could possibly chip in with a boat if it is not too far from Sheboygan. I have access to a 21' there.

Keep us informed.

Gene

Well I just looked at the map (the digital camera is charging) and the area that I am talking about, is between rowlies and north bay on the door peninsula, just look for. And also I accidentaly lied. The depth is 5' to around 60' but still, it's an immidiate dropoff so it still has the same sweet effect. Don't worry I will get the pictures some tome tonight or tomarrow. look for sister bay and draw a line straight east, untill you hit the lake again and that is pretty much where it is. (there is a small reef there, and possibly some dry ground)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT