• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

lake michigan contour map

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bglaeser

Jan 4, 2007
I know I was on a website that had a very nice contour map of lake michigan in the kenosha area. I thought someone on this forum had directed me there, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know the website to which I am referring?
~Brian

bglaeser, Ill get some pictures up of the lake. My dad is a big marriner and Has HUGE countures of the lake. Because we are talking about this, I am just wondering if anyone here would be interested in diving a place that the old man showed me. ( Ill point it out when I get the maps uploaded) But from what he showed me last night, there is a cool cliff about a mile out in the lake. The depth goes from 4' to 80'!!! So in theory we could take a boat out there, relax in the shallow's and dive off of this HUGE underwater cliff. idk I think that it would be really cool diving along a huge cliffside. I would also like to think that there would be a plethora of fish there. alothough Im not 100% sure on that. However the habitat seems to be ideal for fish and free divers. Also because of the shallow draft (it's pretty much a reef) we wouldn't have to be too concered with getting a propeller haircut from other boaters. well hope this helps and rest assured I will get the maps online as soon as possible!

Gahiel,

I would be interrested in going...I could possibly chip in with a boat if it is not too far from Sheboygan. I have access to a 21' there.

Keep us informed.

Gene

Well I just looked at the map (the digital camera is charging) and the area that I am talking about, is between rowlies and north bay on the door peninsula, just look for. And also I accidentaly lied. The depth is 5' to around 60' but still, it's an immidiate dropoff so it still has the same sweet effect. Don't worry I will get the pictures some tome tonight or tomarrow. look for sister bay and draw a line straight east, untill you hit the lake again and that is pretty much where it is. (there is a small reef there, and possibly some dry ground)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…