• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

last week end catch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cece

Froggy in the water...
Dec 3, 2003
This is my biggest barracuda.

Attachments

• barra_cece.jpg
    barra_cece.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 378
Nice one Cece,
How did you get it, with aspetto?

Adrian

Salut cece.... Rah, elle est pas mal le barra! J'en trouve jamais les barras chez moi. Pttre cest parceque je reste dans les 20 metres. Je devrais faire des agachons sur les tombants plus frequant... bon
Continue a faire des belles prises comme ca! Ca fait du plaisir de voir des poissons comme ca! :D

Snorkel,
Ici on peut voir les "barras" :) dans 5 metres d'eau! C'est pas necesaire allez trop profond. Excuse my French!

Adrian

Wah!!! 5 meters! Not bad... I guess your area isnt overfished. Here at the Cap D'Antibes and the islands of Cannes, its becoming a hassle to find good fish, you agachon and situation has to be perfect if you want any nice fish... oh well!

Beautiful baracuda Cece:D. Is the van in the background full of fish also? How is the fishing where you are? Do you fish Atlantic or Med side? Will maybe go to Brittany for Xmas (where gfriend is from) is there any good spearing around there?

Snorkel 5 meters is usual for place where baracuda hang around like entrance to ports (around wavebrakers) or inside them. When they are alone they come really slowly in aspetto and sometimes stop completely in the water checking you out. Caught one like Ceces by surface aspetto for bass a few weeks ago. My brother who was line fishing outside saw it earlier swimming right underneath him in 50 cm water!!! Last light of the day is best time to catch them shallow. Great fighters!!!

Well, the barra (3.5kg) was shot when I was coming back to my car during an aspetto. The dive only took One min and the bottom was 12m (I had my D3, at last... )
Anyway, I saw about 60 barracudas from the surface but they did not allow me to approach enough for a shot. They went axay and I tried an aspetto, they came immediatly, the familly split in the middle and I had Barracudas on my left and on my right, I 've just chosen the biggest (I think) and soot, it was a spin shot so the fish did not move...

By the way in the same spear'party I saw and miss a 6kg blue fin tuna, and a 2.5 kg orata...and I was a bit disapointed because of aiming problem , at least the barracuda came and it was an happy end.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT