Latest victim of hearing lost and tinnitus. | DeeperBlue.com Forums
  Guest viewing is limited
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Latest victim of hearing lost and tinnitus.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

John kuang

Nov 9, 2020
Hello everyone, I know there is old post about this but most member are not active anymore there is no way to know if they have recovered or not. So I may try my luck here.

I am the latest victims that the ringing and tinnitus claimed. A week ago I did an intense free days free diving class. After the final session I noticed my right ear are mufffled and lost high frequency hearing above 8k. Also any female voice and piano sounds are out of tune. After 6 hours of sleeping the out of tune problem is gone, over the 6 days of rest my right ear also gain back so high frequency up to 13k. Unfortunately the ringing is still killing me makes me want to put a Bullet in my brain and end it all up. I went ENT the third day after the incident, doc said no rapture, tested all hearing are fine, doesn’t believe any any damage middle ear or inner ear. just told me to rest and give it time to heal.

I am into the 9 days, the ringing just getting louder
Is any body here following up with their condition and improvement?

im a music teacher so I am completely depressed.

thank you all so much!

xristos

Sep 5, 2013
I had 2 weeks ago a scare after riding the ear in some dives. At first it felt like ear clogged with mucus or water then it started making this constant noise. Thank god 3 days after it healed. I think I have had same thing happen one more time in the past.

John kuang

Nov 9, 2020
I had 2 weeks ago a scare after riding the ear in some dives. At first it felt like ear clogged with mucus or water then it started making this constant noise. Thank god 3 days after it healed. I think I have had same thing happen one more time in the past.
Thank you for the reply and you are soooooooo lucky to heal in 3 days. I am into the end of second week, no improvement in fact the right ear tinnitus increased with multiple layers of white noise and glass scratching sound. God help me.

xristos

Sep 5, 2013
Thank you for the reply and you are soooooooo lucky to heal in 3 days. I am into the end of second week, no improvement in fact the right ear tinnitus increased with multiple layers of white noise and glass scratching sound. God help me.
Sorry to hear.....A dive buddy told me he has ruptured his drums 4 times. He said because he was young when it happened it will heal. A local super strong old diver among the first instructors told me he burst the drum s and they never healed fully and one ear he hears less.
May you wake one morning to hear perfect again and never push equalisation again.

John kuang

Nov 9, 2020
Thank you again for your kind words. With the increasing ringing (three layers) it’s sometimes suicidal. I am a veteran, the VA provided mental health help for me. I have went to MRI and I I’ll update this post once it’s revealed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2021 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT