• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Leaderfins Forza foot pocket

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

otrebor

Oct 13, 2011
Hi there, I am going to buy a new pair of carbon fins and am geared towards pure carbon leaderfins with 33° angle. I am tempted to buy them together with the new "Forza" footpocket but I have not found any opinion or dispassionate review on the web.
Has anyone among you ever tried them?

Thanks

Reactions: Mr. X
I just got a pair of the standard angle Medium Pure Carbon fins with 45-46 Forza foot pocket looking for a fit with winter 5mil socks. Previous fins were Cressi Gara 3000 44-45 and fit great for a size 11.5 (44-45) bare feet or using 2.5 mil socks but a little tight for 5 mil. The Forza foot pockets are supposedly for narrower feet than the classics so I went with those. The Forza foot pocket fits great for 2.5 mil - 5 mil socks, may be a tad loose with bare feet but wont be coming off. Only thing I like better with the Cressi fins is the significantly better foot pocket material and overall design better for narrow feet. For some reason most fins use the stiffer material and have a fat heel, given that these are a budget fin, the material is expected but would like a narrower heel. I will update with how I like the performance and blade stiffness when I try them out along with a review for the Hard Ice blades with Forza pockets used by my buff twin brother.

Tried the Medium Forza Pure Carbon and Hard Ice fins today to replace plastic fins my brother and I have been using. Overall the feel and performance of the Pure Carbon better suit my diving over using the Gara 3000. At 6'1" 185 lbs the medium blades are softer than I anticipated but still move me along well, don't strain my legs and are nice and light. The Hard Ice blades are not too stiff and provide great speed if that's what I'm looking for. Unexpectedly I find the Gara 3000s have a bit less flexibility at the base of the fin and overall feel stiffer than the Hard Ice blades. It would take a very large person to overpower the Gara 3000s unlike the Omer Eagleray which in comparison are just floppy. Cold water may have some effect in making the Gara 3000s too stiff, or my legs shriveled, but didn't have to fin through concrete today. No issue with the foot pockets but the nice low foot pocket arch and smooth neoprene 5mil Yazbeck socks made it a small chore to put fins on in the water.

Hi there, I am going to buy a new pair of carbon fins and am geared towards pure carbon leaderfins with 33° angle. I am tempted to buy them together with the new "Forza" footpocket but I have not found any opinion or dispassionate review on the web.
Has anyone among you ever tried them?

Thanks
I have been using this exact setup for 7 months now and I'm very happy with it. Use their size chart and you can't go wrong.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT