• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Leaderfins (Order advice needed)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SimonCH

Feb 5, 2020
Hi guys,
im looking to upgrade from my old Cressi Gara Professional freediving fins. First of all i think they're starting to hold me back performance wise and second of all the foot pockets are fixed and have become too tight in the past years.
Im looking to get leaderfins pure carbon with a 33° angle and medium stiffness. Im quite tall (192cm/6'4) and around 95kg, im a rower and also do quite a bit of cycling so ive got strong legs but prefer softer fins, i figured medium stiffness would be a good choice, would you agree?
Sadly i cant find the blade angle on the old garas but after longer snorkeling and freediving sessions in egypt my heels/ankles always hurt thats why i thought i'd go for the 33° blades.
Ive got pretty wide feet so im no entirely sure what size foot pocket to pick. Are the Froza good for wide feet? or are the rather narrow and i should go a size up or with a different brand?
Last but not least: protective film? My entries are either in german lakes with no waves and sandy bottom, so my fins wont touch anything or in egypt from a hotel pontoon/jetty. I guess ill only scratch my fins during travel or transport and only superficial so i wasnt planning on taking the protective films but im not aware how fragile carbon fins are so im keen on advice!

If theres another brand you would suggest over leaderfins im all ears!
Thanks ahead, safe diving,
Simon :)

Reactions: Diversity
The standard Leaderfins foot pocket might be a little better for wider feet over the Forza if I recall the details on the Leaderfins sight right. I would not consider the Forza to be designed for narrow feet, nothing like the some of the Cressi fins anyway. For feet wider than normal I hear the Pathos footpocket is the direction to take.

Reactions: Diversity
Meidum stifness is ok for you. Forza footpockets are great and can be molded to your feet with heat. Use the chart in their website to select your size and when you get them, bring water to boil, immerse the footpockets for 5 minutes and wear them with your neoprene socks until they cool down. They will mold to your feet like a glove. Make sure to mark them as "right" and "left", because they will get the shape of your feet.

I won't get the films. Carbon surface will eventually scratch, but that is not an issue.

I've been using the Pure Carbons for a year now and I like them very much.

Reactions: DiveHacker
Hi guys,
im looking to upgrade from my old Cressi Gara Professional freediving fins. First of all i think they're starting to hold me back performance wise and second of all the foot pockets are fixed and have become too tight in the past years.
Im looking to get leaderfins pure carbon with a 33° angle and medium stiffness. Im quite tall (192cm/6'4) and around 95kg, im a rower and also do quite a bit of cycling so ive got strong legs but prefer softer fins, i figured medium stiffness would be a good choice, would you agree?
Sadly i cant find the blade angle on the old garas but after longer snorkeling and freediving sessions in egypt my heels/ankles always hurt thats why i thought i'd go for the 33° blades.
Ive got pretty wide feet so im no entirely sure what size foot pocket to pick. Are the Froza good for wide feet? or are the rather narrow and i should go a size up or with a different brand?
Last but not least: protective film? My entries are either in german lakes with no waves and sandy bottom, so my fins wont touch anything or in egypt from a hotel pontoon/jetty. I guess ill only scratch my fins during travel or transport and only superficial so i wasnt planning on taking the protective films but im not aware how fragile carbon fins are so im keen on advice!

If theres another brand you would suggest over leaderfins im all ears!
Thanks ahead, safe diving,
Simon :)
As a professional diver with well over 8,000 dives, I have tried many fins and I was impressed by the BLADES of Leaderfins, although I was appalled by the cheap quality of their foot pockets, as BOTH pockets broke with less than 200 dives.

This is the first time that I have a foot pocket break in such a short time. Moreover, when signaling the issue to the customer service, I was just rudely told that I did not know how to put on a pair of fins??? Conclusion... Bad Bad customer service and low quality foot pock

The standard Leaderfins foot pocket might be a little better for wider feet over the Forza if I recall the details on the Leaderfins sight right. I would not consider the Forza to be designed for narrow feet, nothing like the some of the Cressi fins anyway. For feet wider than normal I hear the Pathos footpocket is the direction to take.
As a professional diver with well over 8,000 dives, I have tried many fins and I was impressed by the BLADES of Leaderfins, although I was appalled by the cheap quality of their foot pockets, as BOTH pockets broke with less than 200 dives. You could use their Blades with the cressi motus foot pockets asi t needs very little adjustment and work wonders.

The foot pockets are not top quality, as expected they are also one of the biggest bang for the buck fins. The foot pockets are not made of the thickest material either. Going off of the "counted dives" I assume you are using these fins for scuba diving. As far as I can tell Leaderfins are designed for snorkeling and freediving hence they are significantly lighter weight and not designed for that extra 60-100 lbs of gear. If you used cheap snorkeling fins for heavy use scuba diving I'm sure they would fall apart too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT