• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Leaderfins soft

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nov 4, 2016
Hi
Has any one here used leaderfins pure carbon soft. If so what do you think of them for diving to 40m +. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Yes I have tried them once, but for me they were much too soft. It all comes down to your weight and leg strength though. I weigh 70kg and am not very muscular at all but even for me they were too soft. If you are similar or heavier I would recommend the mediums. Leader fins in general are quite soft so even the medium has a lot of flex.

I use medium pure carbons myself and I'm very happy with them. The blades are great, but if you have narrow feet like me you might want to consider different foot pockets.

Yes I have tried them once, but for me they were much too soft. It all comes down to your weight and leg strength though. I weigh 70kg and am not very muscular at all but even for me they were too soft. If you are similar or heavier I would recommend the mediums. Leader fins in general are quite soft so even the medium has a lot of flex.

I use medium pure carbons myself and I'm very happy with them. The blades are great, but if you have narrow feet like me you might want to consider different foot pockets.

Thanks for your reply. I have strong legs but for some reason the medium leaderfins I already have felt stiff. I tried my friend plastic fins which are soft and they felt more suited to me. Anyway I think I'm going to take a gamble and give the soft a try.

If you or anyone else knows of a really good soft fin that won't break the bank please let me know and I will consider them instead. Thanks

The blades are great, but if you have narrow feet like me you might want to consider different foot pockets.

I dunno if I have narrow feet or not, it always seem to differ so mich between manufacturers / models.

What exactly is to be concidered a "narrow feet"?

other point, the leaderfins footpocket are super soft (but comfortable), spezial under the sole and in the upper foot, so the force transmission is not good.

I dunno if I have narrow feet or not, it always seem to differ so mich between manufacturers / models.

What exactly is to be concidered a "narrow feet"?

Yeah it's indeed hard to determine, I just noticed that with my leaderfins that although the length of the footpocket suited me well, I have some space on the sides.

other point, the leaderfins footpocket are super soft (but comfortable), spezial under the sole and in the upper foot, so the force transmission is not good.

Yes I noticed that too. My general opinion about leaderfins is that their blades are great, especially considering the relatively low cost. But it's probably best to get different foot pockets.

have you considered the 'Fins4U' pure carbon fins??? in Pathos footpockets these are awesome!

I hear the Leaderfin footpockets are Omer. I have a wide foot and they fit me great. I have the medium carbon/fiberglass mix and they are very nice for me.

I hear the Leaderfin footpockets are Omer. I have a wide foot and they fit me great. I have the medium carbon/fiberglass mix and they are very nice for me.

Unfortunately no. They sold their fins with omer millenium footpocket few years ago, but now they use their's own crappy footpocket.
So if you don't have any omer logo on your footpockets, means that you have leaderfins pockets.

That could very well be, I have no idea but I do know that mine have a great fit and fit makes the difference in a good day or miserable. These Leaderfins are about a year old and I've beat the crap out of them and so far been happy with them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT