• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

lenses for a mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bill

Baron of Breathold
Oct 17, 2001
Does anyone here know where you can buy lenses to glue in a mask??

Aloha
Bill

Reactions: Erik
Bill
Stick on lens - should be available from lens manufacturers - I used to dive with a buddy years back who had stick on lens - however with mask manufacturers designing mask to allow for optical lens and the development in contact lens , I have not seen stick ons for quite while
Cheers
Mal

input/output

Thanks for the help gang. In case anyone is interested I found what I was looking for.

Diving with soft contacts (mono-vision style) and/or a stick-in plastic reading lense has worked great but, when I take off the mask, I lose lenses. I'm going to try distance correction in my master eye and a reading lense on the other side of my mask. Stay tuned.

Aloha
Bill

Cu

I know diveinn sell masks with graduated lenses
http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=9&id_subfamilia=31
That was not an option for me, go find an optician thats intrested in your problem, mine scubadives:) . He really took time to find lences that would fit and hopefully stay,I was given options to try out and now I rarely drop a lence.One sofar this year.Try to get them as disposable as you can . If you trow them away daily or weekly then it´s not a big thing to lose them.The ones I got now lasts a month,have wheights to stay exactly wher they are supposed to. And no I dont use less wheits when I dive, and I don´t go head first down unless I chose:D .I play underwater-rugby 2-4 times a week and lose my mask under water almoest every time I play(maby I should know better at my age but I enjoy it).I try to shut my eyes or at least not have them wide open under water but I go swimming witout mask and that works, so don´t give up searching.
God luck and my best to Ausi

Maria

Last edited:
contacts

Maria

Thanks for the comments. I lose lenses too easy I guess. If I ride my bike in very strong winds, one lense usually comes out. Most of the time they stay in when I take off my mask. My biggest problem is the stick-in plastic magnifier. I need it to read the guage and they cost $10-15. I hate bi-focals.

Aloha
Bill

Hey Bill,
There is a place in San Diego, Ca. that will take your mask and make lenses for it that are excellent in quality and value. I had my mask done and it turned out great. Can't remember the name, but if you loof up "dive mask, prescription lenses" on the internet you will find the place. Good luck, Jerry

Aloha Jerry
Perscription Dive Masks. Very good service and they can supply masks or work on yours.
Thanks
Bill

Combat Mag-1 Glasses

I saw a guy once wearing these... I had never seen it before. he was gearing up for a dive, wearing a pair of rather streamlined glasses that fitted his face like a glove.

he put on his mask (over the combat glasses).. and off he went. he said he had tried all kinds of prescription masks and couldn't get it right. He had a friend in the military who told him about these glasses that they used to issue for the paratroopers (but can be worn under scuba masks).

Then of course if the guy removes his mask out of the water he can still see properly immediately without having to fumble for his glasses.
(i have seen loads of people squinting on boats just before they gear up as they have put their glasses away and they can't see, or they sit there with their masks on!)

check this out
http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/glasses.htm

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bill
Aloha Jerry
Perscription Dive Masks. Very good service and they can supply masks or work on yours.
Thanks
Bill

Prescription does all my masks and even helped with larger plates for my helmets. Class acts. Lisa's number is 1 -800-538-2878.

Found it here. Thanks for the tip!
<http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUDO.html>

I had Prescription dive masks do mine too - excellent work on my Cressi Matrix.

Don't need prescription, just need some "old guy" style reading glasses to read the small print on the computer. Hope they work well. :)

ScubaToys.com in Dallas TX sells XS masks on the internet that have a built-in 1.75 magnifier lens which is at the bottom of the regular lens, and tilted back at a slight angle. I'm 62 and I use this mask for my dive watch-computer and you know how small those numbers get!!! It works great and the price was cheap compared to the prescription lens. Mask cost somewhere around $60 or so.

www.Scubatoys.com is the site. :wave

ScubaToys.com in Dallas TX sells XS masks on the internet that have a built-in 1.75 magnifier lens which is at the bottom of the regular lens, and tilted back at a slight angle. I'm 62 and I use this mask for my dive watch-computer and you know how small those numbers get!!! It works great and the price was cheap compared to the prescription lens. Mask cost somewhere around $60 or so.

www.Scubatoys.com is the site. :wave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT