• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lesvos Island Greece Freedive Spots?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wes

Feb 15, 2004
I may go to a yoga retreat near Molivos on Lesvos Island in Greece, in October 2006. Would this be a good place to stay an extra week and freedive or is there a better place in a nearby place or country. I am from the USA and have not ever been to Europe. For Freediving I like some rocks and fish to look at, clear warm water and 60 to 100 feet (20m to 35m) depth to dive in. I would also be interested in a freedive clinic or school, though that could be nearby or in a nearby country. Thanks - Wes Lapp

If you check yahoo images with keyword "lesvos" you will see sands sands sands, everywhere only sand beaches.
I am wonder have beaches with rocks, cliffs where the water is really crystal and I can dive or all arround on Lesvos is sands only. Me and my family don't like sand beaches.
Please help me.

I am looking for something like this:

hora-sfakion_2734.jpg

Don't be afraid, you'll find plenty of cliffs and rocky shoreline in Lesvos as well as almost anywhere else in Greece. The photos with beaches are just for turists - they do not look for anything else. It is enough to walk few hundred meters away and you find a nice place for diving anywhere. Better yet, rent an allroad car and every day you can find a beautiful new place.

There are some diving clubs in Lesvos, so they may advice you better. For example this one:

http://www.lesvoscuba.gr/english.htm

Or ask in the Greek freediving forum - there are hopefuly some locals from Lesvos too.

Also be sure to look at Lesvos satelite photos in Google Earth (tilt down a lot the view for a better 3D look) - it is a relatively large island and big parts of the coast have rather high hills falling down into the sea.

This is one part of Lesvos coast (unfortunately I did not find a bigger photo):

Attachments

• lesvos.jpg
    lesvos.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Thank you very much! This is very good news for me and my familly :) .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT