Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
- The red-white dive flag is accepted as well.In May spearfishing is not allowed.
In general you don't need a license to do spearfishing in Greece. You just have to be over 18 y.o.
Even without license, there are various rules regarding spearfishing. In brief here:
Finally, you have to ask the local port state about the place you want to hunt since they may have restricted the access.
- 500m away from the entrance of a port
- 500m away from any professional fisherman equipment
- 500m away from a beach where people are swimming
- you need a yellow buoy with a yellow flag with a red stripe (like the dive flag but yellow and red)
- before dawn and after dusk
- the usage of torch or other light source
- limit of pray has to be less than 5 kgs
- other regulations on the size of a specific kind of fish apply.