• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

light on my gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
hey guys..i was thinking of mountin a light on my speargun, like in that moive, Deep Blue Sea. anyways im using a float system directly hooked to the shaft to it wond get in the way , but are there any suggestions out there, and what are the pros and cons?:duh

For pneumatic guns, there are holsters for mini AQA lights that work great in holes/caves.

For band guns... it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

My 2 cents :hmm

mine is a band gun...well actually i have a band and a pneumatic.... and they are both the same diameter so its interchangable...i can also take my band gun ( AB Biller 36' Profesional) to a machine shop and get a sopecial mount made....

any suggestions???

mishu, heres what you need to do - on pneumatics its easy to mount a UK mini q40 light, its slim line and weighs nothing, good light for the money (30$ or so)

what you COULD do if you want to dish out some bucks for SERIOUS light is make a mount for a UK HID light cannon (also have one, but not mounted on a gun) that would be dakine mounted on your biller, this thing is BRIGHT!

jollalola...i know about the Uk...i havew opne myself, the Uk 08 Sunlights...beeyotch is bright....but i need something a little more compact than that...any ideas?

I had a "Super Sabre Light" mounted on my .38NW for a while. what a GREAT system for nighttime grouper. solid white spot beam and a thin "3 C-Cell" profile. the flat sides make for easy mounts. Belive pelican makles this light. was $24cdn when I bought it.

Watch out for Bities if you're hunting at night. especialy in the gulf. I got "bumped" a few times while nighthunting and decicided to stick to Cuttles and Bugs, rather then Hamour.

Good luck!

oh dont worry about the bities..ive had a nasty experience with a tiger here in Kuwait....

i dont know about donw there in Saudi, but up here in Kuwait we get lots of tigers, and if u go up north a little towards the NOrtheren Kuwaiti islands u might be "lucky" enough to run into a bull....theyve been know to attack people in the Tigris and Euphrates rivers...

oh and i have good news to any other spearfishirmen in Kuwait..if any... they re-opened the sea again..going out on the sea was strictly prohibited due to the military presence in the gulf...i guess Kuwait didnt want a repeat of the USS Cole....

Hey Amphibious, do you know any good dealers for marine equipment down in Saudi..im looking to get something like a 30-36 footer, twin outboards, ay something like 250 hp each engine...???

Originally posted by mishu1984
oh dont worry about the bities..ive had a nasty experience with a tiger here in Kuwait....

I hope those tigers never mind to come close to cyprus

Sorry Mishu - don;t know much about boats - we do all our spearing off shore there.

and Yup - Lots of Bulls, Tigers, Silkys, Hammerheads, Black tip, white tip.....

no worries with any of them - they just cruise by and are on their way.... Night time is a different story ....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…