• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lil D is checking out

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
im a bit confused ..
if i was feeling like not posting on here i wouldnt start a thread about not posting
dont be so offended by what other peoples opinions are even if they are wrong.

Definitely the most gentle forum I've ever been a part of.

You need to communicate online differently to the way you communicate in person. They are different mediums. If you are continually causing misunderstandings, change the way you write. Everybody does it to some degree. If you don't want to do that, you don't have to. The downside of course is that you will continue to come across badly.

All you need to do is try and assess everything you write from the perspective of someone that doesn't know you and can't see any facial clues. After all, that's exactly the case.

Reactions: Kars
Very well put Chris from New Zeeland.
Ohw we got 2 Chris' from New Zeeland, well I mend Chrismar of cause, - let's show my facial expression :)

Freedivers? Rough and tumble?? Wow, get onto a car forum.

or a certain spearfishing forum I use - their motto is "HTFU" - its a jungle sometimes.

I've found Deeperblue to be the friendliest, gentlest forum I've ever been on.

Reactions: foxfish
your posting about someone posting about not posting. that has to be worse, i'm not surprised you are confused ;-)

now i am going to post a protest to those people who post protests about people posting posts about their planned cessation of posting anymore posts.
isnt the answer obvious people?

the girl is 15 years old, and needs attention.
the f#@ked up thing is: she got us, all of us.
everyone who has read this retarded post, and especially those of us
lame enough to respond to a post titled "checking out"?
when i saw who posted it, i knew exactly what it was gonna be,
but i just had to look anyway,
now here i am actually posting on it.
i guess she won (attention?) after all
this is easily the most ridiculous post i have ever seen
i felt obliged to chime in
lol
(ps: PLEASE dont leave! stuff like this is good fun !)
lol

Reactions: Kars
I was going to further protest about posts regarding the post from someone who is posting about not posting any more but it seems jt has beaten me to it and he's posted what I'd of liked to post on the post about the poster who doesn't want to post any more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scottwilson
Though sarcasm and dark humor can be cool, here they need a smiley to make it clear for the foreign or casual reader that it is indeed sarcasm.

The problem with smileys (and I have learned this the hard way!) is that they, too, can be misinterpreted. Is the smile smiley a good-natured smile or a condescending smile? Is the laugh smiley a friendly laugh with a nudge on the shoulder or cruelly laughing at someone?

I think I’d be better off dropping the conversational style of communication altogether and having my posts read like an essay.

I've found Deeperblue to be the friendliest, gentlest forum I've ever been on.

Just at the beginning of this thread yugyug thought that a horrific painful medical condition I had was FUNNY! That wasn’t exactly friendly or gentle in my opinion (in fact, it really stung).

I need to relax and remind myself that he probably didn't understand where I was coming from and assumed that I was a troll making some kind of a weird joke (perhaps had we met in person his reaction would have been to give me a pat on the back and take me out to lunch, like my dive buddies did?). But the emotional reaction is still there, and I feel hurt.

the girl is 15 years old

I am not a household name yet- oh good grief! This is a huge blow to my ego!!!

(Apparently jtkwest has never been on modeling/acting forums and does not know who I am.)

and needs attention.
the f#@ked up thing is: she got us, all of us.
everyone who has read this retarded post, and especially those of us
lame enough to respond to a post titled "checking out"?
when i saw who posted it, i knew exactly what it was gonna be,
but i just had to look anyway,
now here i am actually posting on it.
i guess she won (attention?) after all
this is easily the most ridiculous post i have ever seen
i felt obliged to chime in
lol
(ps: PLEASE dont leave! stuff like this is good fun !)
lol

I suspect the reason jtkwest thinks this is because of a series of PMs we exchanged a while back.

He offered me a job that was not only contra-indicated in my medical conditions (I would have LOST far more money than I earned) but also something that I would have been fired from within 2 weeks because of my disability. Rather than writing up a 5-page essay explaining all the reasons why taking that job was against my better judgment I just turned it down. His thoughts? “She is broke and she just turned down the dream job I offered her? Wow, she must be a fake!!!”

(Worth noting that when I showed those PMs to my doctors and vocational rehabilitation consultant they agreed that given my situation I should NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT accepting that job.)

I was going to further protest about posts regarding the post from someone who is posting about not posting any more but it seems jt has beaten me to it and he's posted what I'd of liked to post on the post about the poster who doesn't want to post any more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am genuinely sorry that the first post in this thread upset people.

This is brilliant, it's like watching Marla Singer in fight club running around between support groups. Female testicle problems anybody?

Reactions: apneaboy
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT