• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

line length

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kenten

Jul 19, 2003
what should be the lenght of line for picasso century 100 cm
20 mm bands
there are 3m line on my new gun.
i was using the same length on my 71 cm omar

3m of line on 100 cm gun is standart. It is one wrap of line. If you feel your gun has more potential and you need more range swap it with two wrap of line. It's 5 meter. But if you dont need it 3m should be fine.

thanks
i thought there was a mistake
i heard this one wrap double wrap issue here for the first time

i think it must be strickly related to the power of bands
i have 20 mm original bands which i think powerful enough
what more experienced spearos accustomed with euro spears think about this wrap thing.

Kenten:

"Wraps": Refers to the number of times the shooting line (the line connecting the spear to the gun) is looped around the line release.

So a single wrap goes from the spear, through the muzzle, to the line release and to the attachment point near the muzzle.

A 100cm Picasso with 20mm rubbers only needs one wrap of shooting line. Any more and reloading becomes a pain in the butt. And the 20mm rubbers are powerful enough for just about any fish!

Most eurogun users with one set of bands use just the one wrap of line.

I myself jsut bought a Picasso 110 and the bands that come on picasso guns as standard are about 2cm too long.

You probably have 28 cm bands on your 100 when you could do with 26 or even 24cm bands. So you definitely won't need more than one wrap of line with the standard setup.

If you want more range I suggest you use a longer gun as opposed to more power as this will severely affect the accuracy.

My $0.02 ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT