• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lizzard Camo Wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Deepdown

Oct 20, 2003
I'm looking to buy a new wetsuit, and came across Lizzard camo wetsuits. They seem like good suits, and are definately priced competitavely, but I've never seen anyone use them in my area (South Florida). I'd like to know if any of you divers out there are familiar with the suits, and if they are any good. Do they tear easily, do the seems come apart?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

G

Thanks RV that was definitely helpful! I'll work on my profile a bit... just a bit shy for now. Let me warm up a bit.

Thanks again,

g

Deepdown,

I use Lizard suits. They're pretty durable. Actually, I haven't worn out my first one yet. The only downfall to them is that they are nylon in and out so they're not as warm as an open-cell suit. Another plus for them though is that they come in like 13 different sizes so you can pretty much get a 'custom fit' from an off-the-rack suit. If you're in S. FL than you're close to FL Freedivers (West Palm Beach) which is the USA importer for them. Here's their website: http://www.floridafreedivers.net

Scott T.

Thanks Scott

I'm in South Florida (Miami) indeed, and I buy gear from Mike & Cherryl all the time. Before I commit to a new suit I just wanted to hear what others have to say about it. An other suit I was looking at was the OMER Mimetic. I read an article about you the other day, and see pictures of your catches from time to time on various sites. Good stuff. Keep it up, and I look forward to see more of your pics. Thanks for your advice.

Gerald

Gerald,

Thanks, I get lucky every once in awhile. Maybe we can hook up and dive together some day. I live in Jupiter and dive between West Palm Beach to St. Lucie almost every weekend. You’re welcome to come up and join me and my crew anytime.

I also have an OMER Ocean Mimetic although I think the one I got came from a bad batch because it has problems staying glued. But don't let that scare you off. That suit was in the first batch that made it to the USA and I've never heard of anybody else ever having the same problem. I wear open cell suits in the winter when the water temp starts to drop and I wear my Lizard suit when it's warmer during the spring, fall, and summer.

Scott T.

Scott,

Thanks for the offer, I'll definately keep that in mind. My dive buddies and I have been talking about fishing furhter north(Jupiter area) for a long time. Seems like you guys have a lot less fishing pressure. It's getting hard to score good down here.

One of my dive buddies also has a Mimetic, and I noticed his seems are also coming apart.(might just be normal wear and tear).

Anyway Scott, once again thanks for the offer and advice.

Gerald

Gerald,

Yea, north of WPB it starts to get good. Less people, more fish. The only problem is that vis starts to drop. The Gulf Stream starts to move away from the coast in WPB (or vise-versa) so it's not usually as clear as it is southward. Where I dive depends on vis. I call around and I dive as far north as vis allows for that weekend. If worse comes to worse I end up in West Palm, best case scenario I go to Vero.

Here's another option you might want to consider for a suit: http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?threadid=38224
Elios is an Italian company that makes custom wetsuits. I just got a jacket from them. Fit is superb! Their prices are very competitive with the usual off-the-rack suits.

Scott T.

scott, how much did your jacket cost from elios?and what kind did you get?'

im looking to get a new jacket, and wondered if you can order custom made jackets from them without having to buy pants...

Originally posted by sturgeon
Gerald,

I also have an OMER Ocean Mimetic although I think the one I got came from a bad batch because it has problems staying glued. But don't let that scare you off. That suit was in the first batch that made it to the USA and I've never heard of anybody else ever having the same problem. I wear open cell suits in the winter when the water temp starts to drop and I wear my Lizard suit when it's warmer during the spring, fall, and summer.
Scott T.

Interesting comment about the OMER Ocean Mimetic, Scott: I looked the construction over carefully before deciding on Picasso. By comparison, the OMER seemed crudely made and poorly cut with very stiff neoprene. Dollar for dollar, the Picassos are made of better material with far better construction and cut. I've been very happy with the performance and fit...and we gals can't have something that won't give in the right places (chest squeeze)
Just my 2cents.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT