• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Loading shaft in gun!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cerna

May 22, 2006
hi guys,

I just bought a 110 Cyrano but am having difficulty to load the shaft. I use an extender of the loader but still cannot load it and always bend the shaft.:vangry
Any help please?

Thanks in advance

go in water, put the shaft's tail into the muzzle, put loader with extender into the tip, stretch your body horizontal, put gun's handle on your foot (foot held firmly in a hammer shape position); do these operations in a smooth quick sequence.
then
- left hand lower on the shaft (to prevent bending under initial effort)
- rigt hand upper on the extender
-pull strongly
- as the shaft begins penetrating, slip left hand down to hold the muzzle
-pull until you hear "click"

I use a Mamba 90 & that is difficult enough to load! What diameter spear are you using? What pressure is the gun pumped up to.
I manage OK now I have had some practice. There is a lot of technique involved but it is a lot easier when you can stand on a firm setting. As I purposely brought my gun to hunt in shallow water & amongst reefs I can usually find somewhere to stand up out of the water & re load. You need to somehow brace the gun butt on your foot, place one hand on the middle of the spear shaft & use you other hand on the loader.
My best advice is to "join the dark side" & buy a Mamba 90, awesome gun :)

foxfish is right: standing is easier, you feel safer and more comfortable with your foot on a solid surface while loading such a big and powerful gun. So if you normally dive in shallow you'd better do it this way.
But if you spear in deep waters (as I guessed you do with a 110) you'd better get also familiar to load it in the other way.
Enjoy your spearing (me tomorrow after a looong "dry" week)

oops! switch the power reductor to the minimum position while loading, the back to maximum when it's loaded: less effort this way.

Thanks guys!

I have it loaded to 35atm with a 6.5 shaft for Meditierranean use since I live in Malta for dentex and amberjack. I use an extender made of a piece of wood through which I pass the shaft and this wood has attached to it the loader. however I was thinking of maybe using a longer extender made just of rope.

What do you think?

35atm is much power, maybe too much. I think that if you try it at 25 atm, it will be easier to load and more accurate too.
With my best friendly wishes ;-)

I have and Asso 115 and a cressi SL100. Both guns need to be loaded is Spaghetti says. Smooth movement with determination! Imagine (like a punch) that your spear has to go 15cm more that it does and then keep the power on until it clicks...Just under your jugular! :crutch

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT